RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House

[iPad] problems syncing my books

i have two epub books I want to manually upload to my iPad. No big deal, I've done it dozens of times before, but no matter what I do they wont upload. I've moved directory locations and everything.

One of my books that was on the shelf, I removed. Then I tried to add it back, and it appeared for a second, then immediately disappeared! The two new books i'm trying to add won't add no matter what.

Is there a file property in the file I need to check? They all came from the same source.
--
| map your city |

cutandrun

join:2002-12-28
Garden Valley, CA

If they are not from the iTunes Store, they may be encumbered with Digital Rights Management that can only be opened in a compatible reader.

That said, I had a public domain epub from Project Gutenberg that refused to load into iTunes. iTunes silently failed to add the epub to its library.

So I emailed the .epub file it to myself as an attachment, downloaded the attachment, and selected Read with iBooks. It worked and on the next sync, it synced with iTunes and was added to the library.

I have no idea why that worked when the supported method did not.

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to pcdebb

apparently the files got fubar'd somehow, because I couldnt open them from the computer. I redownloaded them and all is well now.
--
| map your city |