Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix

Re: [MoP] Blizzard Cinematic Opening

said by DarkLogix:

However they've dumbed down the talent trees and the gylph system. (not good)

I'm tired of this "dumbed down" rhetoric. People have been googling the FotM cookie cutter build and running with it for years now... not understanding what each talent did or why they should chose one talent over the other. THAT dumbed it down long before Blizz started messing with simplifying the options in the trees. All they've done is dispensed with the illusion of choice, baked most of it into the specialization, and offered up solid playstyle changing talent choices.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well last I looked in the new mage tree you have one tier that you're going to pick between ring of frost and cauterize (A talent I think is only needed for bads)

Tons seem to have an addon that will say when they're cauterizing
and 99% of the time its because they failed at playing.

ok on H-Ultra I could see a valid reason for it but that's 1 raid boss in all of cata (maybe all of wow) and there's better places to use those points (ie clear casting, which is helpful all over the place)

so come tues I'll have the option of a talent I consider only for bads vs a spell that's handy for questing, total fail on blizz.

and like bTU said they went to far.

All they needed is to make options equally desirable and for it to not be possible to get both. Not this um I don't want ether.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU

I always thought cauterize was for PVP, but I don't play my mage often enough to know. But I do see that addon message pop up a lot in BG's now.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya seems more useful for PvP

Some have it for PvE but that's just because they fail to not stand in crap

though on H-Ultra it enables a mage to take 2 hour of twilight instead of the one that ice block allows. (but that's one boss in all of cata, ie less used than spell steal if your good at moving and not failing)

Spell steal was good on omni-tron (just steal the shield from the one that you could and it could prevent a wipe when people didn't stop DPS asap, or to open that boss up to taking more damage)

Moloriak, that remedy buff was awsome to steal.

then there were multiple dungeons and trash mobs to steal buffs from.

I don't get why they made those cats in FL have a steal-able dazed buff.

there's so many buffs to steal in dungeons I'm not even going to list, but just about (if not every) dungeon has some trash with steal-able buffs that by stealing it you ether make it easier to kill the mob or up your dps or get healing.

So IMO the lose of spell steal is worse than being forced to take a bad talent.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
The problem is your view of cauterize as only for bads. If you know you have cauterize, and you know you can survive beyond it's heal... and you know you'll get a heal, you can USE cauterize for specific purposes (H.Ultrax & H.Morchok just name a couple). A fire mage is a bad if you see:
DBM "beware"
mage: Cauterizing now
death addon: mage has died

So, calling cauterize a bads-only talent is like calling ardent defender an "if your healers suck" talent.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

1 edit

DarkLogix

Premium Member

You don't need cauterize for H.Morchok

If you do you fail at blink and moving
if you die to stomp your just going to die to the crystal

A mage should blink out of black blood, get the blue line on the crystal, and keeping people alive on stomp and the crystal should be covered by heals.

otherwise the talent procs for stomp and then you die to the crystal.

I'll only admit its useful on H-Ultra, but if the group comp is good then its unneeded.

For ardent defender your a healer and have tons of heals available to get you back to health after it procs.

For cauterize a mage has only one heal with a 4min CD and only if glyphed (which it should be) and its channeled so if something interrupts then you just wasted a CD. (and they can iceblock another 4min cd) but then they can't move and movement is key to many of the fights.

Every time I've ever seen cauterize proc its followed by death, if the mage was bad enough to get hit without needing to then they should just die and not strain the healers.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t

Cauterize is one of the best abilites period for heroic raiding. It is useful on every fight. It prevents accidental deaths, which will occur in heroic raids. You can solo tank ice lances on H Hagara, you can soak HoT on H ultrax, you can solo soak fire bombs on H Gunship. It really is an amazing ability for raiding. It also enables you to squeeze out that extra DPS and play more agressively when you know you wont die to a certain mechanic.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

1 edit

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Vinceruos_t:

Cauterize is one of the best abilities period for heroic raiding. It is useful on every fight. It prevents accidental deaths, which will occur in heroic raids. You can solo tank ice lances on H Hagara, you can soak HoT on H ultrax, you can solo soak fire bombs on H Gunship. It really is an amazing ability for raiding. It also enables you to squeeze out that extra DPS and play more aggressively when you know you wont die to a certain mechanic.

Your just wrong, and I fixed your typos for you

I don't feel like pointing out how wrong you are but you're just wrong.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

I don't feel like pointing out how wrong you are but your just wrong.

Then don't post, or have the maturity to just say "I disagree" and leave it at that.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Immer:

said by DarkLogix:

Then don't post, or have the maturity to just say "I disagree" and leave it at that.

What I can't use a longer winded form of I disagree?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

said by Immer:

said by DarkLogix:

What I can't use a longer winded form of I disagree?

sure, you could... but what you did was flat-out tell someone else they were wrong and refused to point out where. "I disagree" isn't incendiary... "you're wrong" is.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

1 recommendation

Vinceruos_t to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
Well I am just speaking from the perspective of an 8/8 heroic DS raiding fire mage. But I probably dont know what I am talking about :P. Also if you use mana shield and mage ward right after cauterize then you wont take hardly any damage.

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

You're just wrong, and I fixed your typos for you.

I don't feel like pointing out how wrong you are but you're just wrong.

You're being an ass, and I fixed your typos for you. (Please learn the difference between "your" and "you're", ESPECIALLY if you're making a post correcting someone else's spelling/grammar. Good grief.)
Oh, and the "you're being an ass" part? I don't feel like pointing out how you're being an ass, but you just are. See how it feels?? BAZINGA!!

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

I read his typo fix, with a typo. That was actually pretty funny.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Caelharrad

Premium Member

to Caelharrad
I know the differance between your and you're my fingers just went on and skipped a couple key strokes.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

I read his typo fix, with a typo. That was actually pretty funny.

Glad to bring some humor around.