kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to pnh102

Re: Useless Government

If the ISP has crappy meters, and they're billing according to those meters, they should absolutely be held responsible for fixing said meters.

It's not like it's difficult to make a meter work correctly. Mobile providers have done things correctly for the past few years. Comcast seems to be doing a reasonable job, albeit at a lower resolution than I'd like to see. Time Warner Cable is actually doing a better job than any other wireline provider; usage is measured down to the hour in markets where they'll discount your bill $5 in exchange for $1 per GB overages above 5GB (I'll keep my unlimited plan, thank you very much).

Suddenlink, Cogeco and AT&T on the other hand apparently don't know how to measure usage on their own networks, and as a result shouldn't bill anyone for overusage. Until they fix their meters, anyway

I wonder what Suddenlink would measure my usage as, these days. I've used 41GB according to TWC since the 15th; if I kept that up on Suddenlink I'd end up well under their cap for their $100-or-so tier. Unless of course their meter was broken...