Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

VZBTech
Premium
join:2007-12-15
Apex, NC

[TWC] HD Home Run Prime

I have a SiliconDust HD Home Run Prime being delivered today and I am going to stop by the TWC office on the way home and pick up a CableCard. Do I need to get a tuning adapter as well?

I am in the Cary, NC market.

Anyone else running this kind of setup?

Thanks.

rv65
Premium
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!
kudos:1
Yes, you do need a Tuning adapter, but they normally give you one as a part of their self install kit. I am running a similar setup, but with a Ceton InfiniTV4, and it works ok. Getting the card activated might be a problem, as my division (San Diego) requires level 3 tech support to activate a card, and even then, the phone tech had to have his supervisor to activate it. Once the card and TA are activated, it should work fine. Make sure you provide the host and CableCARD ID to TWC when activating it, and make sure everything is correct. My experience was quite good, and TWC is pretty friendly to CableCARD nowadays.

Hope this helps.
--
What's a signature.

"Down Syndrome is a challenge, not a disability" - Andrea Friedman

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
reply to VZBTech
Yes, I have a Prime + CableCard + Tuning Adapter. It's been working great for almost a year now.

The hardest part, as rv65 mentioned is getting the CableCard properly paired and activated. They should give you a little guide for activation that has CableCard specific activation numbers. I believe the east coast ones are (866)606-5889 / (866)532-2598, but I'm in the west coast which has different ones, so I'm not 100% sure. I got these from the SiliconDust forums (which is a great resource if you have any problems with activating the card).

rv65
Premium
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!
kudos:1
reply to VZBTech
Also the TWCable Help guys are helpful with CableCARD's.

VZBTech
Premium
Apex, NC
reply to VZBTech
Ok so everything is activated and paired.

I am not getting any of my premium channels like HBO, SHO, etc.

Should I be able to get those on the HDHR? It is saying not authorized.

Suit Up

Los Angeles, CA
Yes, you should be able to get the premiums. There must be some setting they didn't correctly set for the card to activate them.

VZBTech
Premium
Apex, NC
reply to VZBTech
Update:

Called back in and they did have the package set wrong for the CableCard. They hit it again and I now have everything I am supposed to.

This thing works like a champ.

Both people I talked to were knowledgeable and very helpful. The only pain was sitting on hold waiting for a tech.

Suit Up

Los Angeles, CA
reply to VZBTech
Awesome! Glad to hear you got it working (and had a pretty painless install compared to lots of people).