uniqs
share rss forum feed

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to antsmarchin

Re: [Internet] Internet keeps droppping. Bell says no issues wit

said by antsmarchin:

Ok, So i am not the only one who is having an issue. I am on the Bell Business Internet Line with a sagecom.

Periodically, internet drops, lights remain blue, takes a full unplug of the modem to get it going again, which takes about 5-10 minutes.

FRUSTRATING, and you are right, all they say is they are doing a line test and they see nothing wrong with it.

All you need is to reboot, no need to unplug.

RamJam

@bell.ca

Yeah, rebooting it from the login works fine for me but some days I have to do this 10x which is a pain in the ass. I find it usually happens when I am uploading or torrenting.

kovy

Yup, your only way out of this is to get the maintenance profile or IPTV profile.. so ask them to change you.

RamJam

@bell.ca
reply to kovy

Yeah, rebooting it from the login works fine for me but some days I have to do this 10x which is a pain in the ass. I find it usually happens when I am uploading or torrenting.

kovy

said by RamJam :

Yup, your only way out of this is to get the maintenance profile or IPTV profile.. so ask them to change you.

antsmarchin

join:2012-05-24
reply to lefrenchy

We had a technician come in on Friday, they looked at the line inside the building and outside the building.

They came back and said something about a line being on top of our line...I asked him to explain, and he kind of muffled the explanation, and I felt bad asking a third time.

We haven't had any outages since than, *Crosses Fingers*.

They did end up switching a modem the day before, however the problem still persisted which is why a technician was called and brought in the next day.

anotech

@bell.ca
reply to lefrenchy

I keep telling one guy that he need to be on interleave at least for now but think it's the throttling again. It's simply a modem firmware that need to be pushed, it's probably a buffer underrun or something stupid that screw up the transmission which is auto corrected with interleave.

Devanchya
Smile
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Okay going on Interleave is not going to fix this. I had them send me the Lantern results on my line, and I am very clean.

I had a different modem a week ago and no problems. It is a Sagemon modem issue for sure. It's a Connect / Can't Browse issue that is resolved by a Modem Restart.

Most likely the modem is having some weird DNS issue. This is annoying because I don't use my modem as a router, and there doesn't seem to be a way to get it to be a proper Bridge.
--
»www.codecipher.com - Marking the way to tomorrow's solutions -- Did you know that Perl is not Dead? »perlisalive.org/

kovy

said by Devanchya:

Okay going on Interleave is not going to fix this. I had them send me the Lantern results on my line, and I am very clean.

I had a different modem a week ago and no problems. It is a Sagemon modem issue for sure. It's a Connect / Can't Browse issue that is resolved by a Modem Restart.

Most likely the modem is having some weird DNS issue. This is annoying because I don't use my modem as a router, and there doesn't seem to be a way to get it to be a proper Bridge.

Well the interleaved resolved it for me and many other.

I have both Cellpipe and Sagemcom do this.

I use google DNS and still had the problem.

It's not a simple connect can't browsw issue... since you're able to ping.

People have the same issue in bridge mode.

Here's a great question... do you see anybody on IPTV that has this problem ?

Devanchya
Smile
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

From the tests I've run today, it looks like this is actually a PPPoE conflict.

Even when connected using the "default" user in the modem, it works for a set period then disconnects

I edited the config today to put in a bogus user (just to see) and ensured the user in my router works properly. IT works and I have not suffered the browsing issue since, where before it was happening every 4 hours almost like clockwork.
--
»www.codecipher.com - Marking the way to tomorrow's solutions -- Did you know that Perl is not Dead? »perlisalive.org/

kovy

said by Devanchya:

From the tests I've run today, it looks like this is actually a PPPoE conflict.

Even when connected using the "default" user in the modem, it works for a set period then disconnects

I edited the config today to put in a bogus user (just to see) and ensured the user in my router works properly. IT works and I have not suffered the browsing issue since, where before it was happening every 4 hours almost like clockwork.

Well funny enough... problem stoped when I switch to IPTV profile... how do you explain that ?

Me it was never about time... it was always about usage... usually when I stressed the upload or had lots of connections.

pmcdunnough

join:2012-02-03
reply to kovy

Well I did ask for a change in profile and they have been very helpful. It has gotten better but I still get disconnects a few times a week. Perhaps it is a combination of issues and a simple profile change won't work for all?

Philip

kovy

said by pmcdunnough:

Well I did ask for a change in profile and they have been very helpful. It has gotten better but I still get disconnects a few times a week. Perhaps it is a combination of issues and a simple profile change won't work for all?

Philip

Maybe you actually lose the sync ? Other wise, you can PM me your phone number and I can check it out.

bell tele QC

@bellmobilite.ca

said by kovy See ProfileMaybe you actually lose the sync ? Other wise, you can PM me your phone number and I can check it out.
[/BQUOTE :

how do u plan to acomplish that? do u have access to WC?

brianblaze

join:2013-02-25
Pointe-Claire, QC
reply to lefrenchy

Funny I was looking at the dates and it seems that I still have this problem... I have Fibe 5 (5Mbps) and my connection drops at least 3 times a day when I am using a lot of stuff at once (TV, Internet, PS3) I want to upgrade to at least the 15 Mbps package but if I am constantly getting disconnected (and constantly getting a new external ip) I am not really up for an upgrade. It would be cool to know how to fix it

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to lefrenchy

The temp fix is to put your service on a fibetv profile or a maintenance profile and it stabilizes the dsl. This has to be done by a bell technician...
--
My Canada includes Quebec.
Disclaimer: If I express an opinion, it is my own opinion, not that of Bell or its related companies.