spc
uniqs
Elkhorn
join:2009-12-31
Lyons, OR

Elkhorn to DrStrangLov

to DrStrangLov

Re: Now Selling HughesNet Gen4!

Am I correct in assuming that Gen4 replaces the daily download limit with a monthly one ? Given my usage patterns a monthly cap would work better for me, kinda like a super daily rollover plan........

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

said by Elkhorn:

Am I correct in assuming that Gen4 replaces the daily download limit with a monthly one ?

Well, initially I thought I saw where they were going divide the monthly allowance by 30 for a daily allowance. But I just scoured the Gen4 FAQ, and can't see that in writing. So for the time being, I'll assume you'll get the plan allowance in as big a chunk as you can use. Then when it's gone you either (a) shut down your connection until next month, or (b) buy more bandwidth; 500MB for $5; 1GB for $8; 2GB for $16.

//greg//
Elkhorn
join:2009-12-31
Lyons, OR

Elkhorn

said by grohgreg:

said by Elkhorn:

Am I correct in assuming that Gen4 replaces the daily download limit with a monthly one ?

Well, initially I thought I saw where they were going divide the monthly allowance by 30 for a daily allowance. But I just scoured the Gen4 FAQ, and can't see that in writing. So for the time being, I'll assume you'll get the plan allowance in as big a chunk as you can use. Then when it's gone you either (a) shut down your connection until next month, or (b) buy more bandwidth; 500MB for $5; 1GB for $8; 2GB for $16.

//greg//

From the HN Community Forums - "After a thorough review of a large sample of customer feedback (surveys, emails, chats, and phone and social media conversations) regarding our Daily Download Allowance it was apparent that the majority of our customer base preferred managing their own download allowance monthly. Based on this feedback we transitioned from a Daily Download Allowance to our Gen4 Monthly Download Allowance."

So, looks like monthly......