exseven8

Premium Member

[Off-Topic] Counter-Strike: GO

Has anyone bought this game? Any good?
cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently
join:2011-04-19

cog_biz_user

i haven't bought it, but if it has the same netcode as 1.6 or css or tf2, then it'll be iffy. getting a good connection to a server is a must. (but i'm sure you already knew that. )
exseven8
Premium Member
join:2003-05-23
L8E0G6

exseven8

Premium Member

said by cog_biz_user:

getting a good connection to a server is a must.

thats part of the reason i was asking...

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to exseven8

Premium Member

to exseven8
I was playing the beta and the hit detection was absolutely terrible so I stopped playing it altogether. You fire away point blank with machine gun and no one's hurt, but sometimes you randomly kill people by missing them.

I prefer CS:Source gungame servers for some fast killing action.

Farchord
Lost somewhere.
join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC

Farchord to exseven8

to exseven8
CS:GO is okay, but talking from a server hoster standpoint, it's a newbie's nightmare. The configs are extremely confusing compared to CS1.6/CSS.

But the game itself sounds okay. It's a remake of the same, and they technically integrated Gungame.
got_milk2
join:2007-08-22
Georgetown, ON

got_milk2 to urbanriot

to urbanriot
said by urbanriot:

I was playing the beta and the hit detection was absolutely terrible so I stopped playing it altogether. You fire away point blank with machine gun and no one's hurt, but sometimes you randomly kill people by missing them.

How long ago was that? I found in the release-day patch I seemed to be more effective with my shots.

As someone who's played 1.6 and many hours of Source and now 40+ hours of GO, I think it's a pretty good game. Definitely worth the buy for the $15 or whatever it costs, you can't really go wrong, and Valve/Hidden Path has done a great job listening to the community and pushing fast updates for bugs.

Avoid Valve servers if you can though - they all have some serious lag issues. At first I thought it was my connection since it happened all the time but I saw a lot of complaints in the chat as well.