Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to usry723

Premium Member

to usry723

Re: beIN Sport USA

Confirmed - only SD for the launch. HD is under consideration long term.

BOOOO! They had a chance to make a big splash - especially considering all of the f'ing bandwidth available right now specifically in the Philly market, but chose not to - most likely b/c not all areas could sustain it.

Oh well - i won't be greedy. I'd assume they'll place it right after Gol TV SD as there's a channel slot open there in the numbering sequence.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

The bandwidth they have in Philadelphia shows that they're sitting on tons of it throughout all their markets. That Center City system is only 750MHz and had all those additional premiums.

Considering how Comcast has killed off analog pretty much everywhere now (except the system next to me), bandwidth isn't really a problem I don't think for any larger areas. Bandwidth isn't really a legitimate excuse to avoid adding things in HD with Comcast anymore, IMO.

There's something up, and I think they're planning to move to IP delivery for TV. That's the only logical explanation that I can see.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to SeattleMatt

MVM

to SeattleMatt
Here is the press release from beIN SPORT announcing the deal: »www.businesswire.com/new ··· national