spc
uniqs

smoke665
@direcway.com

smoke665 to smoke665

Anon

to smoke665

Re: [HN7000S] Hughes Satellite Strength Issues

Yesterday out of frustration went to Verizon to reactivate my modem so I could use as back up. Got back from the store and my Hughes Net must have experienced divine intervention, because it was back up. Not only was it up, but it was blazing. Signal strength up to 78, three different speed tests on DSL Reports showed downloads of 2+ Gig and uploads of 590k. I was in awe to say the least. The service tech arrived to find everything working fine with no equipment problems. His idea at this point is to get with his contacts at Hughes and switch me to an entirely different satellite, as he also believes that it is an equipment problem on Hughes end.
smoke665

smoke665

Anon

Just an update for others who may have had this problem. My Hughes Net has been up continuous now since 08/22 without loss of service. So there is no misunderstanding, there has been NOTHING done to the equipment on my end. The last service tech who came out again suggested it was a hughes satellite problem and was going to check on switching me to another satellite, and come back the next day. That was on 08/22 and haven't heard from him or seen him since. A tier 4 rep called last week to see if the issue had been resolved, told him what the service tech had said and that everything was working fine. Rep insisted he send me a replacement modem??? Got the modem in this week, Rep calls again yesterday to see if I had installed it, told him there still was not a problem with the service, so he tells me to return the modem. Not only is my signal strength good (74-79) my speeds are blazing, twice what they have been. I still think the problem was on their end and whatever adjustments made were on their end. I really am afraid to disturb anything at this point.
monicakm
join:2005-03-12
Grand Saline, TX

monicakm

smoke, see the message I posted about an hour ago.
»I Just Downloaded a 8.46MB File in 0.01 Seconds!
pvtpilot94
System
Premium Member
join:2001-11-23
Bucyrus, OH

1 edit

pvtpilot94 to smoke665

Premium Member

to smoke665
NM

smoke665
@myvzw.com

smoke665

Anon

With Hughes all good things must end. Connection lost about 5 am this morning. Signal strength between 9 & 25. I'm still on 87 W. Any others out there with issues this morning.
smoke665

smoke665

Anon

Footnote to my previous post. Weather map shows storms over Maryland. Maybe Hughes needs to establish a backup NOC when weather is approaching.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to smoke665

to smoke665
And again, I bet you forgot to check the weather at the other end. Raining like crazy there this morning.

//greg//

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman to smoke665

MVM

to smoke665
said by smoke665 :

Footnote to my previous post. Weather map shows storms over Maryland. Maybe Hughes needs to establish a backup NOC when weather is approaching.

Essentially you are asking them to do something they've been doing for many years now. First primary in Las Vegas, and now a bunch of downlinks around the country.

The problem is that you (and I) are using old Hughes technology that is never going to be updated with things like multiple NOCs. They have moved way beyond the 7000 series.

That does not mean that all 7000 users are downlinked in Maryland, though. I think you said 87W/1090, is that right? I believe that is downlinked in Las Vegas.

smoke665
@myvzw.com

smoke665

Anon

Did check the weather once I signed on with Verizon and saw the weather map for MD. I am on 87W/1090 which is what I've been on for the last 3 years. I assumed the NOC was MD. Is this not correct??

In any case it came back up around 9 this morning and has operated without incident until about 30 mins ago. Signal strength dropped to 25 and lost connection. Weather map for my location, MD and Las Vegas clear.

They've escalated my problem up from T4, and someone is supposed to call me. Luckily I get a good signal on Verizon or I would be dead in the water. At this point seriously consdering dropping Hughes and just going with Verizon permanently. Price is about comparable for the same amount of bandwidth, and downloads seem to be faster.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to dbirdman

to dbirdman
said by dbirdman:

I think you said 87W/1090, is that right? I believe that is downlinked in Las Vegas.

A year ago it was. But Hughes has been load-shedding the hell out of their Ku-band, and haven't published a new Satellite and Transponder listing since last September. Without a TRACERT, we can only guess who's controlling 878W/1090 now - and that's if 1090 is even still in use!! In the last year alone, I've been arbitrarily moved from 1250 to 1010 to 1001 and somewhere in the process have also been dropped from 30Msps to 15.

The posters outage and restoral times do actually seem to coincide with bad weather in Maryland.........

//greg//

Smoke665
@direcway.com

Smoke665

Anon

Quick update on the strength issue. Continuing problems sometimes for hours or a couple of days. Signal strength drops to 15 to 25. I lose connection. Signal strength jumps back up to 74 to 79 everything fine.

Hughes sent a new modem which just got installed today, so it's to early to determine if that was the problem. Service tech is supposed to be back this week with a new transmitter. So just about everything I except the dish and cable will be new.

Nimblewill
join:2007-08-17
Dahlonega, GA

Nimblewill

I had a problem like yours, the signal would drop to 15 to 26, then start working again. It finaily quit altogether so I called a local Hughes installer, I did not call Hughes.
He changed the modem and cables, still no signal. Then he replaced everything on the dish, after about 7 hours he got my system running again.
My 7000s normally runs at 50% faster than my Pro plan is advertised at 24/7. But knowing how temperamental satellite is, I would not be surprised if it quit at any moment!
Hopefully a new transmitter will get you going again.

smoke665
@myvzw.com

smoke665

Anon

New modem didn't help, still having signal problems. Service tech called at 4 pm on the day they were supposed to be here, said the transmitter didn't come in. Wanted to reschedule for Saturday, didn't show up on Saturday and didn't call. Service up and down, until today, has been down most of the day, and is still down. Complained to Hughes AGAIN, same song and dance. They're going to try and get the service tech out. Good luck with that. Thank god for Verizon backup.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

When the tech swapped out the modem, did he bring along a new power adapter as well? Or are you still using the original on the new modem?

//greg//