Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ande8150

join:2012-04-15
North York, ON
reply to lefrenchy

Re: [Internet] Internet keeps droppping. Bell says no issues wit

Interesting that I came on here to look for a solution to the same problem. I am in North York with a Sagecom on Fibe 25. Often when I am doing something with high bandwidth (streaming video, uploading many high def pictures, etc.,) my whole connection drops and I need to reboot the modem to get anything back. All the lights on the modem stay the same even though the connection has dropped.

Not trying to hijack this thread, just sharing that I seem to have the same issues. The only time I have called Bell I still had an external router installed so of course they blamed that. I have since removed it and am still experiencing the same issue.

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8

1 edit
said by ande8150:

Interesting that I came on here to look for a solution to the same problem. I am in North York with a Sagecom on Fibe 25. Often when I am doing something with high bandwidth (streaming video, uploading many high def pictures, etc.,) my whole connection drops and I need to reboot the modem to get anything back. All the lights on the modem stay the same even though the connection has dropped.

Not trying to hijack this thread, just sharing that I seem to have the same issues. The only time I have called Bell I still had an external router installed so of course they blamed that. I have since removed it and am still experiencing the same issue.

But Fibe 50 is supposed to be FTTH, what you have is probably FTTN. It's a known problem in your case... I would ask in the Bell direct forum to put you on a maintenance profile, I had the same issue... after maintenance profile I never had any more weird sync no surf.

ande8150

join:2012-04-15
North York, ON
Thanks, yes FTTN in my case. I"ll post on Bell Direct and share on the public forum if there is a resolution. I'll suggest the maintenance profile.