elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to yyzlhr

Premium Member

to yyzlhr

Re: Rogers Smart Home Monitoring: Who's Watching The Fox?

It's been certified by an American standards testing company, one that has significantly lower standards then CSA does.

Background checks for script reading monkeys, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

It's been certified by an American standards testing company, one that has significantly lower standards then CSA does.

Background checks for script reading monkeys, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

I don't understand why that's funny. The last time I checked, a criminal as well as credit check was required for certain divisions within Rogers call center. There are actually numerous call centers that require those things for several different contracts including but not limited to Bell and Rogers.

yyzlhr
@rogers.com

yyzlhr to elwoodblues

Anon

to elwoodblues
Why is that funny? I have done recruiting for customer facing employees at both Rogers and other major corporations. Due to the nature of all customer facing positions in Ontario, it is a legal requirement to conduct background checks on all candidates an employer wants to hire. If anything doesn't check out, we can't hire them.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Legal requirement? If you are working with kids (vulnerable sector) ok, but customer facing? So I I want to work in retail (no thanks) they're legally required ?

Show me the statue that says so.

yyzlhr
@rogers.com

yyzlhr

Anon

said by elwoodblues:

Legal requirement? If you are working with kids (vulnerable sector) ok, but customer facing? So I I want to work in retail (no thanks) they're legally required ?

Show me the statue that says so.

vulnerable sector includes children, elderly, and individuals living with disabilities. All of these people could walk into a Rogers store or call a Rogers call centre. Whether background checks are required by law I could not find out. All I know is that through my experience in doing recruiting for Rogers frontline position, I and others were invited to a conference call by HR telling us it is mandatory and required by law to background check everyone we hire. So whether its mandated by legislation or not, background checks are mandatory for frontline positions at Rogers.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Rogers BS, they simply want a background check on their employees, it's not a legal requirement for a call centre.