uniqs
share rss forum feed

scubascythan

join:2005-05-14
reply to elitefx

Re: [Extreme Plus] Connection dropping alomst every 5 minutes th

said by elitefx:

said by Triple Helix:

That's why I run a software firewall as well!

And THAT my friend is the fatal mistake most home PC users will make. Software Firewalls are useless when DOS commands are run at the subsystem level. A simple DOS command run before Windows boots up can rob you blind with you none the wiser which is why it is CRITICAL to run Gateways in Bridge mode connected to your own Wpa2 password protected router. At least this method gives you a fighting chance against your home network being hacked....

Lol I thought you knew what you were talking about until you said Wpa2 password protected router.

Because most online threat attacks come from neighbours breaking into your wireless... /sarcasm

No seriously though, E4200 have huge connection dropout problems with stock firmware. You can find numerous threads in the cisco forums:

»homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wirel···p/390595

»homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wirel···p/385685

Etc. You can google for more. It's more than likely your router.

I have the v1 of the router, I flashed it dd-wrt and personally have no problems with dropped connections in general. However I do have issues maintaining WDS connection with my other WDS Stations but that's a different issue.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

said by scubascythan:

Lol I thought you knew what you were talking about until you said Wpa2 password protected router.
Because most online threat attacks come from neighbours breaking into your wireless...

My apologies. I was simply referring to the fact we should pay maximum attention to securing our home network using the latest routers and utilizing all their security features.....