LadyL
Premium
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

[Help] Firefox/Mozilla still in Applications in CCleaner

Click for full size
I had to install FF to redeem points at a surveysite...problem with IE users - just recently happened. Website said to download FF and redeem points, but still use IE to do surveys.
Anyway, I did the FF thing, redeemed points, then did the 'uninstaller' in CCleaner yesterday.
Also did a regedit for all FF files/folders,etc. Rebooted, checked CCleaner and all Firefox/Mozilla in "Applications" was removed.
Today, I went into CCleaner, looked at the "Applications" section...the listing for Firefox/Mozilla is Back !
Any ideas why this is showing up again and what did I miss doing?
BTW, Firefox/Mozilla isn't showing in ControlPanel and also did a search in regedit again for anything Firefox/Mozilla...search found nothing.
I need help with this...couldn't find anything at piriform.com community forums re this.
--
Lonnie

art22gg
Premium
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Shaw

Off the top I don,t think you have to much to worry about..I am assuming while you did your regedit searching you also ran a file search for any remnants the uninstaller missed...
You could also un-install your version of CCleaner and re-install the latest new version (ver.3.22.1800) re-boot,run CCleaner and see if you are still showing the app....

»www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

LadyL
Premium
Lorain, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

I do have the latest CCleaner.
Come to think about it...I had uninstalled that FF using the last version of CC, and had installed this newest version this morning.
So why is the new version showing that FF/Mozilla stuff and the old one didn't after I had done the reboot and it showed that it was removed?
--
Lonnie

amazingm
Premium
join:2001-07-16
USA

1 recommendation

reply to LadyL

What you're probably seeing are the settings for your Firefox user Profile. You can view the files by looking in your user profile folder located by default at "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla". If you delete the files, you should no longer see the entries for FF in CCleaner.

LadyL
Premium
Lorain, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Thank you Thank you Thank you.
That did the trick !
CC is now back to normal.
I don't like FF, have always been an IE user since I got my first computer in 2000. I don't like Chrome either...actually, I dread ugrading from IE7...I hate tabs. I have no use for tabs.
Again, thank you.
--
Lonnie

amazingm
Premium
join:2001-07-16
USA

You're very welcome.