Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

Re: Garage addition

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Here's a bonus project that I've been having the excavation guy do in his free time while he was here the first and second time. Bushes removed, debris removed, and a hole dug for a new tree.

Ken
MVM
join:2003-06-16
Markle, IN

Ken

MVM

Considering how deep down they had to dig for the garage, did you consider just putting a basement underneath? The slab would have been more expensive, but that would have been offset somewhat by not needing the retaining wall work.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by Ken:

Considering how deep down they had to dig for the garage, did you consider just putting a basement underneath? The slab would have been more expensive, but that would have been offset somewhat by not needing the retaining wall work.

Yes and no. I looked into it a bit early in the project design but it was going to be a lot. Not sure the actual price but they guessed triple the price. This was almost double the price and I wanted to figure out what the actual cost would be on a basement under but that would have taken a few days to a week to find out and the wife was on my six about them starting. I wish I would have been able to get a quote both ways but it didn't happen.