Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix

Re: Electrical issue question

said by DarkLogix:

Is the charge for coming out something that's odd?

I've never heard of that before. Because of the safety issues involved I've always seen them come out to investigate for free. Of course any problem on their side they were repair for nothing but I've never even heard of them fixing anything on the customer side because of liability concerns.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well with the new breaker box we'll need them at some point to upgrade the service from 125a to 200a so any guess of what they'll charge to upgrade the wires from the pole to the house? (they're underground)
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

Call the power company now. There's a good chance the problem is on their end. I've seen it happen in my old neighborhood - Bad underground drop. Power company ran a new drop above ground until they could get a crew out to dig up the ground.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

They want us to pay just for them to come out and look at it.

I'll try again to see if they'll come out but they claimed no one else was having an issue.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

Pay the $50. It's peanuts compared to your house burning down.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
$50 is a lot cheaper than having your house burn down.

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

mattmag to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix

Are they that stupid? Of course no one else is having an issue, since no one else shares your drop and neutral... Not legally at least! What did you tell them exactly? It sounds like they aren't getting the full picture of what the problem is. And, what sparky did you get that's coming out on a Sunday? An actual licensed variety or some "guy that does electric"?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Yes a licensed one, he goes to my church.
He said he'd come over after church.