spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mattrixx
join:2004-02-18
Orland Park, IL

mattrixx

U-Verse router vs. DSL Asus router

Can I continue to use a very nice (expensive) Asus N-66U Router with U-Verse or even Comcast Cable, instead of using the modem/router that they offer?

I presently have DSL through AT&T using their modem with my Asus router, but am thinking about switching Broadband providers.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

As far as Comcast is concerned, if you just use a plain DOCSIS 3.0 modem from the compatible list, »mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/, you can use any router you please. AT&T Uverse I do not know enough about to say yes or no.

Canezoid
End of line
join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA

Canezoid to mattrixx

to mattrixx
Ditto to prev poster as far as Comcast, I used my Netgear n300 w/ them a couple of years ago w/ a Motorola sb6120 DOC 3 cable modem.

As far as Uverse, it'g going to depend on what Uverse service is avail to you, it's either VDSL/tv supported or IPdslam which is internet & voice only. With vdsl, yes you can migrate the Asus over, you just have to set it up that way, with IPdslam probably not the case as most are getting the Motorola NVG510, mayber others who might be using that equipment as you've inquired about can chime in.

I have VDSL w/ my n300 for all my LAN, hooked up behind the RG/3801, other connections to RG are for STB's for TV only, works fine.

Just my 2c.

bruin23
Premium Member
join:2004-06-17
San Francisco, CA

bruin23 to mattrixx

Premium Member

to mattrixx
You can use your router with the NVG510 also. Setting it up is somewhat of a pain but it's definitely possible. Find the instructions here: »www.ron-berman.com/2011/ ··· e-users/