Search similar:

uniqs

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Proof I am more evolved being left handed.

Neanderthals were right handed:

»www.dailymail.co.uk/scie ··· nds.html
Phorkster
Premium Member
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON

Phorkster

Premium Member

They "were", meaning they are now not. Meaning they are now Lefties.

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc

They were also "alive", meaning they are now not. Meaning they are now dead.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00 to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
Bad news for you: despite the pejorative connotations in common usage, neanderthals were an advanced species possessing high intelligence for their time and were probably the first skilled tool makers. Probably making exclusively right-handed tools because all the lefties had been eaten by mastodons.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
Are you going to open a leftorium now?

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

Are you going to open a leftorium now?

No, I do many things right handed. I tend to drag those knuckles more

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

1 edit

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Either of your girls lefties?
I was born a leftie too, but forced to be a righty, my sisters and their husbands are also right handed, yet one of my nephews and my niece are lefties. Someone in the Elwood family tree started this!

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
Its a miracle that the offshoot of lefties still survive today. I think we should have hunger games for lefties.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Either of your girls lefties?
I was born a leftie too, but forced to be a righty, my sisters and their husbands are also right handed, yet one of my nephews and my niece are lefties. Someone in the Elwood family tree started this!

Unfortunately no. It would have been awesome if one was and one was not. Awesome for doubles tennis anyway. On my wife's side her dad, brother and aunt are left handed. The chances of it were good, but the force is not strong with them.

Robert4
Premium Member
join:2002-03-11
St John'S, NL

Robert4 to Anav

Premium Member

to Anav
said by Anav:

Its a miracle that the offshoot of lefties still survive today. I think we should have hunger games for lefties.

Lefties vs Gingers!!

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by Robert4:

said by Anav:

Lefties vs Gingers!!

Wait, since I'm both....which side do I go on?

...My daughter is Left-handed....according to stastics and studies there was a 12% chance, go odds!...(apparently if the male is left handed the probability increases of being left handed, vs 8% if female was left handed)..

Anywho, I'm waiting to see which side I'm on.

Robert4
Premium Member
join:2002-03-11
St John'S, NL

Robert4

Premium Member

You'd probably be safer with the gingers. Lefties are more likely to mistaken you for the other side.

Or you can be a double agent

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

I was born a leftie too, but forced to be a righty,

Mother Superior Orcus have a hand in that conversion?

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1 to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
There have been some interesting genetic studies of late, that this thread made me think of. It was always wondered whether Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens interbred. Since they've been able to sequence the Neanderthal genome, they've discovered that most (non-African) people have between 1-4% Neanderthal genes. And recently they've discovered we have 1-2% Denisovan genes too (recently discovered species closely related to Neanderthals but distinct).

mazhurg
Premium Member
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON

mazhurg to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

Then I am superior as I am ambidextrous...

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to Robert4

Premium Member

to Robert4
said by Robert4:

You'd probably be safer with the gingers. Lefties are more likely to mistaken you for the other side.

Or you can be a double agent

Sweet, a double agent! like 007, but tall and lanky....

lol, I think I'd be safer with the gingers, but would be tough to integrate as basically I only golf right handed...

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to Ian1

Premium Member

to Ian1
I often think that most people here have 100% of the Neanderthal genes.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to Ian1

to Ian1
Neanderthals also had larger brains than humans. It didn't do them a lot of good; They didn't build cities or fly to the Moon.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

to Thane_Bitter
said by Thane_Bitter:

said by elwoodblues:

Pretty much

Ian1
Premium Member
ON

Ian1 to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

Neanderthals also had larger brains than humans. It didn't do them a lot of good; They didn't build cities or fly to the Moon.

No, but then again, neither did those of us in our own species that co-existed with them at the time. Near as we could tell there were features about us though that DID make us able to make them (and the Denisovans) go extinct so that there wasn't any competition left to do so.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

I don't think that Neanderthals would ever have been able to go to the Moon.

Ian1
Premium Member
ON

Ian1

Premium Member

said by Bob4:

Ok. So what? Any speculation on what Neanderthals may or may not have been ultimately been able to get up to, had they not gone extinct 30,000 years ago is pretty much just that.....speculative, no?

But if you're into fun speculations on Neanderthal possibilities, I recommend the Neanderthal novel series by Canadian Sci-Fi author Robert Sawyer. It details a parallel universe where the Neanderthal, rather than us became the dominant species.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

said by Thane_Bitter:

said by elwoodblues:

Pretty much

They stopped forcing right handedness a couple of years before I started school. My grade 1 teacher was two years from retirement and did not know how to teach a left handed person to write.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

My mom went to Catholic school as a kid and being left-handed was forced to write with her right hand. Slaps with rulers on the offending hand seemed to be the punishment du jour for the Sisters.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00 to Ian1

Premium Member

to Ian1
said by Ian1:

said by Bob4:

Ok. So what? Any speculation on what Neanderthals may or may not have been ultimately been able to get up to, had they not gone extinct 30,000 years ago is pretty much just that.....speculative, no?

Right, and extinction and dominance are often as much the result of random chance events as they are of genetic merit. Had the dinosaurs not become extinct, this would be a completely different world in which we would likely not exist, although other forms of intelligent beings very likely would.

OT, but when the kids were little they had a wonderful dinosaur book that had, right at the end, a fanciful but very well done illustration of what a modern day evolved descendant of a dinosaur might look like. It was a very eerie image of a smallish and only vaguely dinosaur-like creature with a strikingly expressive, human-like and obviously intelligent face. I really wish I could find it again, it was very expertly done. Of course birds are descendants of dinosaurs, too, but only from a very limited subset of coelurosaurian theropods in a world that became dominated by mammals and eventually, us.

Most of whom are right-handed.

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to mazhurg

Premium Member

to mazhurg
said by mazhurg:

said by donoreo:

Then I am superior as I am ambidextrous...

Naw just means your indecisive and cant make up your mind, terrible for business.
Expand your moderator at work

ChuckcZar
@teksavvy.com

ChuckcZar to donoreo

Anon

to donoreo

Re: Proof I am more evolved being left handed.

I'm ambidextrous, can throw a football equally as far with either hand and kick a football equally as far with either foot.

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

said by ChuckcZar :

I'm ambidextrous, can throw a football equally as far with either hand and kick a football equally as far with either foot.

Thats what all leftys in disguise say. If it quacks like a lefty, its a witch. Burn em!!!