kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to iknow

Re: Deadly Amoebas Found in Tankless Water Heater

said by iknow:

said by pike:

said by Lurch77:

I'm curious, just how many people have died from organisms in hot water tanks?

»www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article···2094925/

Probably not a whole lot. However, one doesn't necessarily need to die to be seriously inconvenienced by a bacterial infection.
said by Jack_in_VA:

You do realize you can run yours at any temperature you want and feel comfortable with don't you?

I think Jack said it best here.

Not really worth arguing about but it's nice to have some facts behind whatever decision each homeowner ultimately makes.

the fact that death can occur means that any action other than to make sure the water is safe by setting a temperature that kills at least enough organisms is nothing other that rolling the dice, you may live, or you may die, your family and anyone else that uses the water is rolling the dice too. some people like to gamble, it makes life interesting.

The CDC recommends the temperature be no hotter than 120 degrees. That is all I need for justification.

iknow
Premium
join:2012-03-25
said by Jack_in_VA:

The CDC recommends the temperature be no hotter than 120 degrees. That is all I need for justification.

yeah, at the FAUCETS!. anyway, remember when OSHA said the air around the world trade center was safe to breath after 9/11?.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
said by iknow:

said by Jack_in_VA:

yeah, at the FAUCETS!. anyway, remember when OSHA said the air around the world trade center was safe to breath after 9/11?.

Well like I said you are free to set yours at whatever temperature that you are comfortable with. It's a personal choice.