Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rockfire

join:2011-01-28
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

6GB Super Plan - $60

I have a new Samsung S3 and 6GB Super Plan. I can't find the link to what it uncludes anymore. What I understand:

200 daytime
Unlimited talk after 6PM until 7AM
Unlimited talk Weekend
MY10 canada wide
Unlimited text message, picture, video
6Gb Data

I dont know if it includes Tethering?. Would like to know. If not, is wifi hotspot on Samsung S3 considered tethering?.

yyzlhr

@rogers.com

Yes it includes tethering.

rockfire

join:2011-01-28

Thank-you for confirming. Am I right about the other details also?. I cant find them on the Rogers site.

yyzlhr

@rogers.com

yes you are.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to rockfire

That's a super plan? I pay significantly less for the same thing

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by elwoodblues:

What is your plan?
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Dones

join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON
reply to rockfire

Does Rogers still offer unlimited incoming calls anymore? I've had my plan for way to long and I might change it.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON

I think they do...like for $15 or something like that.

jborgs

join:2012-08-19
Oshawa, ON
reply to rockfire

It was a limited time offer I believe so they wouldn't have the plan up on the site anymore. This is the redboard post with some details: »redboard.rogers.com/2012/new-to-···er-plan/

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
reply to J E F F

Under 40 with tax, exactly what's listed above, the key word is negotiate, my contract is up in April and ill start the game all over again, see if I can get it lower.
,This time it'll be BYOD.

gregorio1

@uu.net
reply to jborgs

only 200 mins? thats not a lot of mins? what if u want more mins how much more will tht cost

balur

join:2010-04-28
reply to rockfire

Tempting but with no call I'd or voicemail listed you may as well add another $15.

I'll stick with the plan I've cobbled together by sweet talking CSRs

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

i dont recall any consumer rogers plan that includes call id or voice mail either, so that should not be a deciding factor. simply sign up for the plan and add voicemail/call id or a bundle with both if u really need it.
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

Xstar_Lumini

join:2008-12-14
Canada
reply to rockfire

said by rockfire:

I have a new Samsung S3 and 6GB Super Plan. I can't find the link to what it uncludes anymore. What I understand:

200 daytime
Unlimited talk after 6PM until 7AM
Unlimited talk Weekend
MY10 canada wide
Unlimited text message, picture, video
6Gb Data

I dont know if it includes Tethering?. Would like to know. If not, is wifi hotspot on Samsung S3 considered tethering?.

LOL at this overpriced "superplan", I get unlimited EVERYTHING, text,video,pics,airtime and internet on my phone for $37 + tax. (WIND)

Did I also mentioned that I get Canada-wide long distance calling for free?

Taylortbb
Premium
join:2007-02-18
Kitchener, ON

said by Xstar_Lumini:

LOL at this overpriced "superplan", I get unlimited EVERYTHING, text,video,pics,airtime and internet on my phone for $37 + tax. (WIND)

Did I also mentioned that I get Canada-wide long distance calling for free?

Yes, but you also get phones months behind everyone else, no LTE, and serious roaming fees outside the Wind zones. For those of us that need service outside their coverage area it's still quite a good deal.
--
Taylor Byrnes

JMCD23

join:2010-12-06
London, ON

Wind got their Galaxy S3 nearly around the same time. Speeds are fine, value wise it's a very good deal. The only real problem with Wind in my eyes is what you said, service outside of urban areas.

Some of the better deals with Rogers would likely be retention plans.

Pesterd

@rogers.com
reply to Taylortbb

Love it when Wind users think Canada revolves around their zones.
I mean.. it is nice that Wind exists because of them other carriers have made adjustments and lowered their prices. Wind provides good plans for the price, but not everyone lives in their zone.

Be a little more courteous about it.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia

said by Pesterd :

I mean.. it is nice that Wind exists because of them other carriers have made adjustments and lowered their prices. Wind provides good plans for the price, but not everyone lives in their zone.

Exactly, if you never leave your "Zone" it works great. Otherwise it's more expensive then using the incumbents.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

tonytoronto

join:2007-10-31
Toronto, ON

said by elwoodblues:

said by Pesterd :

Exactly, if you never leave your "Zone" it works great. Otherwise it's more expensive then using the incumbents.

Your statement not exactly accurate; i can leave my zone, in fact i can go any of the wind zones and not pay extra penny as long get Wind service. Doesnt' matter if its Ottawa or Edmonton.
Outside they coverage zones, roaming: yes, there will be extra fees. But funny thing, roaming will be cheaper for me on Rogers network than for most Rogers customers (long distance charges), figure that one out

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

Same with me... on Telus.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

Taylortbb
Premium
join:2007-02-18
Kitchener, ON
reply to tonytoronto

said by tonytoronto:

said by elwoodblues:

said by Pesterd :

Your statement not exactly accurate; i can leave my zone, in fact i can go any of the wind zones and not pay extra penny as long get Wind service. Doesnt' matter if its Ottawa or Edmonton.
Outside they coverage zones, roaming: yes, there will be extra fees. But funny thing, roaming will be cheaper for me on Rogers network than for most Rogers customers (long distance charges), figure that one out

By "your zone" I'm certain he meant the Wind zones. Wind's voice roaming rates on Rogers are okay, what's not okay are their data roaming rates. $4/MB is insanity, and a week at my cottage would quickly negate any savings from switching to Wind. I know it's not Wind's fault, but that doesn't change how much it costs me.
--
Taylor Byrnes

tonytoronto

join:2007-10-31
Toronto, ON

Im sure its now $1/mb, still rip-off but getting better, and that's Canada/USA roaming. US roaming with 5 dollar add-on will bring it down to .50/mb. Sucks they not offering any in Canada roaming plans, at least that i'm aware.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to gregorio1

said by gregorio1 :

only 200 mins? thats not a lot of mins? what if u want more mins how much more will tht cost

It's not a lot of minutes if you're speaking to a lot of people. But if you put your 10 favourite..or most used contacts..on that MY10 lists, 200 min should be plenty for everything else.

Naturally, there are tricks around to maxing your MY5 or MY10 whatever you have and not using the 200 minutes at all. What I did:

Unlimited incoming ($10 at the time)
MY5-Canada wide ($10 at the time)
$20 for 200 minutes
$40 total (plus taxes)

Third party long distance -- that number was part of MY5 -- and use that long distance provider for ALL outgoing calls.

That was $13.95/month for unlimited international calling.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
reply to rockfire

My plan with Telus.

Rate Plan: Biz promo combo 57 - PDA
Cost per month $57.00/mo.
Included with your plan
Bus data pkg 6 GB
1000 Local Incoming Mins
MHSI APN Access
SPARK Sampler
6pm Early Nights & Wknds
Basic Voice Mail
100 Bonus Minutes
Mobile to Mobile
Text Messaging Services
Canadian LD @ $0.35
Mobile to Mobile LD
Unlimited Messaging
911 Emergency Access Charge
Conference Calling
Caller ID
Air Minute Pooling
Call Waiting
International Data Roaming
Business Flex Mobile-to-Mobile
International Voice Roaming
International Calling On
Business Flex $0.15 LD
Canada 250 LD $5.00
--

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile

How many years have you been a Telus customer? could you get the same thing from Bell?

If you are a new customer Super 6GB for $60 was the only thing going on at the big 3.

The only time I go over 3GB/month is if I tether or use mobile TV (pretty rare).

I'm using my SGS3 as a VoIP softphone and don't use the mobile network for voice at all so I don't care about long distance or minutes. LTE is amazing but sadly it's still not available in many parts outside the downtown and inner suburbs of major cities.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON

said by BliZZardX:

How many years have you been a Telus customer? could you get the same thing from Bell?

6 mo. Nothing like it from Bell and I was a 22 year customer.

If you are a new customer Super 6GB for $60 was the only thing going on at the big 3.

I went straight to Telus Business ( I know the manager) with a flyer from an Telus retailer and asked "Can you match this?". He did.

The only time I go over 3GB/month is if I tether or use mobile TV (pretty rare).

I've never broken the 6 Gb cap, but then I don't use it for watching TV. We have a new cottage, however, where it will be the primary phone and tethered.

I'm using my SGS3 as a VoIP softphone and don't use the mobile network for voice at all so I don't care about long distance or minutes. LTE is amazing but sadly it's still not available in many parts outside the downtown and inner suburbs of major cities.

I get 5.5 MB down and 3.6 Mb up on Telus 3G. 4G is not available here.
--

Dunlop

join:2011-07-13
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to Pesterd

said by Pesterd :

Pretty much this, WIND is always brought up even though their zones are available to a very small amount of people in Canada. being in quebec it will never be an option but I was glad I took the Koodo promotion plan they had at the beginning of summer:

- 250 Canada Wide minutes
- 5PM early evenings and weekends
- Unlimited incoming calls
- Unlimited Text and Picture Messaging
- Caller ID and Voicemail
- 6GB data

$60

With Koodo there are no zones, all of their data/voice/text plans are Canada wide

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to tonytoronto

said by tonytoronto:

said by elwoodblues:

said by Pesterd :

"Close" I guess when I say "Zone" I don't mean Toronto proper, but after you end up roaming on Rogers.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......