telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to SeattleMatt

MVM

to SeattleMatt

Re: beIN Sport USA

Yeah, seemed strange to me also, but this is what another poster to that forum thread later said (»forums.comcast.com/t5/Ch ··· 7#M24606 ):
In fairness, the Latino Package subscribers should get it first, since WE were sold that particular package with the specific offering of La Liga as an incentive, in the first place. We reminded Comcast about it, two, three times A DAY and used the pressure from multiple small Latino restaurants, all over the country, that are Comcast subscribers and couldn't show La Liga to their customers and that last weekend had to help their potential customers find the nearest competing restaurant with DirectTV. Ouch!

I'm not surprised Comcast will offer the channel in the Latino package first, that's the way it should be... so there can be peace... and believe me, after the week they had with us, THEY want and need peace...

Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

If Comcast did specifically promise La Liga, then it was an overzealous sales rep who did so.

Also, a lot of times people assume things as a promise.

If the carriage agreement is in place, there is no reason to not go ahead and add both versions, but I'm sure Comcast is using this as an excuse to try and explain why it won't show up in certain areas.

usry723
join:2009-04-09
Augusta, GA

usry723

USMNT qualifiers is the thing I want most.

As for English/Spanish, in my area GOLTV is in Spanish only in the Sports Tier. It was in English for a couple of years but they changed it to Spanish without notice and has been that way ever since.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Comcast just tweeted that the "Comcast engineers are working on the final details to get @beINSport live on Xfinity TV. More European soccer coming soon."

I knew it'd take a few weeks to grab the signal, distribute all of the IRD's, etc. to all of the regional areas and get everything groomed, mapped and tested. So for them to be making a follow up only a week after the main announcement, that's nice to see.
Chad473
join:2007-12-18
Lancaster, PA

Chad473

still just PR fluff if you ask me. will be interesting to see just how widespread coverage is, or if this is just going to be FSC HD all over again. "officially carried" last May and still not available in many areas.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Latest insider word is that it will be live (at least in the Philly region) by next Thursday (9/6) at the latest.

I can't speak for other areas at this point.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by SeattleMatt:

Latest insider word is that it will be live (at least in the Philly region) by next Thursday (9/6) at the latest.

This blog item on the Philly.com site yesterday evening appears to confirm that:

Comcast aims to add beINSport locally before Sept. 7 U.S. national team World Cup qualifier
By Jonathan Tannenwald, Philly.com - August 30, 2012
»www.philly.com/philly/sp ··· t-7.html

rej4sl
join:2008-07-11
Minneapolis, MN

rej4sl

This seems to confirm the Philly story, as this was posted on xfinity forurms by Comast Larry

Re: PLEASE ADD BEIN SPORT USA
Options
08-31-2012 04:25 PM

Comcast is working to have @beINSport available to @xfinitytv customers by the World cup qualifying matches.
Thank You

-ComcastLarry-