urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

1 recommendation

People didn't see this coming with waffles.fm/what.cd bans?

I'm surprised people didn't see this coming, what with waffles.fm and what.cd engaging in sweeping arm bans of all clients except uTorrent.

Azureus, an arguably better client with more granular configuration options (Vuze in classic mode) was banned and the authors of Azureus said, "hey, guys, we'll fix your issue... talk to us?"

People posted in their forums with speculations that someone somewhere was getting kickbacks as the sites seemed to be pushing people on the inferior uTorrent yet those threads were always deleted and/or immediately locked.

lester2

join:2005-09-01
London, ON
Some versions of µtorrent are banned on What.cd too. qBittorrent, Deluge, Transmission and rtorrent are good clients that are still ok to use.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
said by lester2:

Some versions of µtorrent are banned on What.cd too. qBittorrent, Deluge, Transmission and rtorrent are good clients that are still ok to use.

Yea, there was a period where everything but uTorrent was banned, where everyone was forced to use it and anyone that pointed out that the bans were crazy was banned from those sites.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to urbanriot
said by urbanriot:

I'm surprised people didn't see this coming, what with waffles.fm and what.cd engaging in sweeping arm bans of all clients except uTorrent.

Azureus, an arguably better client with more granular configuration options (Vuze in classic mode) was banned and the authors of Azureus said, "hey, guys, we'll fix your issue... talk to us?"

People posted in their forums with speculations that someone somewhere was getting kickbacks as the sites seemed to be pushing people on the inferior uTorrent yet those threads were always deleted and/or immediately locked.

What I'm surprised at is that people actually still use this junk!

I never have and never will and I bet I can get anything that people do using this thing!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/