Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to TheThing

Re: WoW needs to incorporate WvWvW comabt like GW2

OK, let's pretend some of us here have no clue as to what WvWvW is, and start from the top explaining what it means and what it is so an actual comparison can be made.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
they pit 3 teams from 3 different realms against each other in a specified battle area
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
So it's a 3 way BG, that if I read other posts right is just continual? So like if one person from a team leaves another one from a que for his realm that is next in line would get in? Or is there a time limit and whatever team gets the most kills is the winner?

The problem with truly continual BG's is, PVP rewards right now are based on honor points, and most of those come from winning randoms and holiday weekend BG's. If it were all continuous you'd have to tweak the rewards system a bit.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
Yeah, it's basically tri-realm Wintergrasp (with vehicles and resources and other weird objectives), except it lasts for like a week. Also, apparently how well your realm is doing affects the entire server. You get XP bonuses, world damage bonuses, etc.

Note: first time I looked at anything about it was 5 minutes ago, so I might be missing something very important in there.

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
reply to bTU
said by bTU:

OK, let's pretend some of us here have no clue as to what WvWvW is, and start from the top explaining what it means and what it is so an actual comparison can be made.

Imagine 4 zones the size of the Icecrown zone with a Wintergrasp castle in each except a middle one with a miniature Org. Now place towers supply lines and other areas as such. Put three servers there with 150 people each and let them duke it out like a giant 2 week long Alteric Valley.

Every 5 minutes points are awarded based on how much you control and given to your server. At certain increments your points unlock rewards for your server such as 10% increased xp, better crafting chance ect. Everyone is auto-leveled to max and you can get items from dead players ect. No mounts. Siege weapons, balitstas, but nothing you can ride. You only get credit for participation so standing around does nothing.

This is about the best I can do.
--
I am stating my opinion. Obviously you don't like it. Honestly, I don't care.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
How about flying vehicles, oh right they did that and beta players ruined it.