sailor
Premium Member
join:2003-10-21
Long Island

sailor to jaa

Premium Member

to jaa

Re: [OOL] ARRIS TM822 questions

Since OOL gave me a current modem can any of you kindly recommend a current wireless router I can purchase to take advantage of this latest modem?

I have laying around here someplace a LINKSYS WRT54G that I purchased some years ago but never got around to hooking it up...

When I had my older modem that I just swapped I had asked about things about a year ago in this thread
»[OOL] OOL Modem and Linksys WRT54G router question

Would you say the WRT54G is outdated for this TM822 modem? For example not taking full advantage of the TM822?

Since I now have a modern modem I would like to finally go wireless and I have no problem purchasing a new and updated wireless router to mate to the TM822.

I just need recommendations on make and model of what to buy and where I can buy it from..

Thanks.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

If you have standard OOL, your router is fine. If you have Boost or Boost+, then consider an upgrade.
sailor
Premium Member
join:2003-10-21
Long Island

sailor

Premium Member

said by limegrass69:

If you have standard OOL, your router is fine. If you have Boost or Boost+, then consider an upgrade.

Just standard OOL so that's good to know I'll be fine with the Linksys.

Thank you!
Fadman
join:2012-09-30
Nashville, TN

Fadman to sailor

to sailor
How did you get your TM822g modem working? I called comcast and they can't provision mine even though it's online and the can send a signal. not sure what to do now, I'm out $140...

jaa
Premium Member
join:2000-06-13

jaa

Premium Member

You might try asking here: »Comcast XFINITY