how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

GeekInfoNow

join:2012-07-25
reply to glitchsys

Re: OMGfast.... Looking for review

Thanks for the info! I've got then coming this weekend. Couple of questions.
1. Will they let me use my router? I was told they user a E1200. I have the E3000. I wouldn't mind using theirs for a wireless extender...
2. Is the speed always constant? I have a synology NAS set up for my downloads for the home and business
3 . I do use my 360 to play cod and battlefield. Issues with that?
4. Do you have any pics of your equipment?
5. What takes them 4 hours or all day to do? Isn't it just a dish a coax cable and ethernet cable run into the house to their equipment?

I am coming from Comcast business class for this service so i want to be sure before i cancel them...Thanks

GeekInfoNow

join:2012-07-25
Well Im not impressed so far..... I am not getting my advertised speeds at all. The latency is not good either. Let me answer my own questions so people know....

1. Will they let me use my router? No.... They have to use the cisco e1200 router make sure it works and then you are on your own. I messed with mine for about 30 min or so in order to get it to work.(i have a call in to tech support with no call back...going on 2 hours)

2. Is the speed always constant? Im am not impressed at all....

3. I do use my 360 to play cod and battlefield..... I am actually scared to even test this because I am at this point

4. Do you have any pics of your equipment? I will post pics if people want. Its a router cisco, a clearband box and some sort of small box

5. What takes them 4 hours or all day to do? Isn't it just a dish a coax cable and ethernet cable run into the house to their equipment?
It took my guys about 2 hours or so. They said that I have very strong signal(5.8 out of 6). They put the dish at other end of the house and ran the wires...

At this time im still waiting on a call back about my speed and I cant use my vonage either. I can receive calls but not make them. I will post some test results later....