join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
reply to Jack_in_VA

Re: Post your Millenicom (4620L) speed's

Jack, you'd be the #1 to be complaining if someone on your tower ran speedtests all day or streamed youtube video's frequently! LOLOLOL

said by Jack_in_VA:

said by compuguybna:

Question of the day....

How much bandwidth is wasted every day on speedtests?

Who cares? They can run speed tests or watch youtube. It's their choice.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
said by compuguybna:

Jack, you'd be the #1 to be complaining if someone on your tower ran speedtests all day or streamed youtube video's frequently! LOLOLOL

said by Jack_in_VA:

said by compuguybna:

Question of the day....

How much bandwidth is wasted every day on speedtests?

Who cares? They can run speed tests or watch youtube. It's their choice.

True I'll complain but it's not up to me or you to determine how they use their bandwidth. Bottom line it's none of our business or anything we can change.

Cap2010

join:2010-02-19
Foley, AL
reply to bcltoys

I don't see it as 'wasted' bandwidth at all. Matter of opinion I reckon and to each his own. Sharing what speeds we are getting with other Millenicom members or potential new customers may help some folks who are on the fence whether or not to take the plunge for the JetPack.

The speeds I'm getting are with the JetPack setting next to a window, no antenna and with me about 20 foot from it. The nearest Verizon tower to me is about 1 mile away and I'm guessing it's LTE but I don't know for sure. My JetPack show's 2 bars of signal constant and sometimes grabs the 3rd bar.

This thing is getting better speeds than my home DSL with Century Link which gets around 9 down and .5 up on a good day.

Cap2010

Foley, AL
reply to bcltoys

Cap2010

Foley, AL

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Metrocast Commun..
reply to bcltoys
Still 3G here:

Towers are upgraded to LTE - Verizon has not turned them on yet
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

bcltoys

join:2008-07-21
Lost today
reply to bcltoys
I'm still chugging along for the most part, but did lose it for a few day's over last weekend after the I-phoney 5 release, but don't know if that anything to do with it.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to Jim_in_VA
said by Jim_in_VA:

Still 3G here:

[att=1]

Towers are upgraded to LTE - Verizon has not turned them on yet

Looking good on 3G Jim

Cap2010

Foley, AL
reply to bcltoys

bcltoys

join:2008-07-21
Lost today
reply to bcltoys

Bosgarage57

join:2010-09-02
Sevierville, TN
reply to bcltoys
how are you guys doing on your data usage? Im ready for the swtich, and I have 4g in a window of my house I have been tethering my phone to watch netflix, used 32gb last month. Watch it at work as well though.

It seems my 3g is so terrible (running cyfre amp, grid antenna) im ready for the switch, and Ill worry about NOT running over the usage when I come to it.

If all else fails, I can use my phone as a back up, or for netflix only and let the Mifi unit be for surfing the web only. (my dad and uncle use it more than I do).

Thanks fellas!

Lamiel

join:2008-04-05
Saint Johns, MI
said by Bosgarage57:

how are you guys doing on your data usage? Im ready for the swtich, and I have 4g in a window of my house I have been tethering my phone to watch netflix, used 32gb last month. Watch it at work as well though.

It seems my 3g is so terrible (running cyfre amp, grid antenna) im ready for the switch, and Ill worry about NOT running over the usage when I come to it.

If all else fails, I can use my phone as a back up, or for netflix only and let the Mifi unit be for surfing the web only. (my dad and uncle use it more than I do).

Thanks fellas!

I've been fine so far, and that's with a good 20+ hours of Netflix, who knows how many youtube videos, myself, the wife, and the two older kids browsing, the little one playing her PBSKids games, the wife and oldest daughter on facebook, a little PC gaming for me, software updates for various computers, and whatever else the family gets up to while I'm at work. We hit around 15 gigs on our busiest month to date. Just in case you don't know, you can minimize the impact your Netflix streaming has by setting your account to stream at the lowest quality (which still looks great) - should consume about 300MB/hour.
--
Core2Quad Q9450 @ 3.4GHz, XFX 780i SLI mobo, MSI GTX 560 OC, 4GB Patriot Viper DDR2-1066, Samsung 20x optical, Samsung F3 1TB HDD, Antec TP3 650 watt PSU, CoolerMaster Centurion 5 case, Win7 Home Premium 64 bit...

Bosgarage57

Sevierville, TN
yea that is what Ive been doing with the netflix. Thank you for getting back with me so quick. Honestly I've caught up with all my seasons on a netflix show, so I shouldnt be using it too much.

Do you know when Millenciom sends out emails to let you know you are getting close to your limit? I would think it would be 15GB or 18.

I plan on gaming a little ~2 hours a night or so.

Lamiel

join:2008-04-05
Saint Johns, MI
I haven't received such an e-mail, but my in-laws (who are also with Millenicom) received one about a year ago. They're on the 3G Advanced plan though, and I don't know if the two plans are handled the same. Hopefully someone else can give you a definite answer on that.

PC or console? PC gaming typically takes far less bandwidth, due to having dedicated servers rather than player-hosted games. Either way though, I would imagine that 2 hours a night would be fine.
--
Core2Quad Q9450 @ 3.4GHz, XFX 780i SLI mobo, MSI GTX 560 OC, 4GB Patriot Viper DDR2-1066, Samsung 20x optical, Samsung F3 1TB HDD, Antec TP3 650 watt PSU, CoolerMaster Centurion 5 case, Win7 Home Premium 64 bit...

Bosgarage57

Sevierville, TN
reply to bcltoys
nah it'll be wii or ps3.

purwater
Premium
join:2002-10-25
Bluefield, VA
reply to bcltoys
Around 25 MB down and 5-8 up has been the norm today. Just turned on the 4G today. Found it by accident when I got home.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2244355226.png