Search similar:

uniqs
Bosgarage57
join:2010-09-02
Sevierville, TN

Bosgarage57 to bcltoys

to bcltoys

Re: Post your Millenicom (4620L) speed's

how are you guys doing on your data usage? Im ready for the swtich, and I have 4g in a window of my house I have been tethering my phone to watch netflix, used 32gb last month. Watch it at work as well though.

It seems my 3g is so terrible (running cyfre amp, grid antenna) im ready for the switch, and Ill worry about NOT running over the usage when I come to it.

If all else fails, I can use my phone as a back up, or for netflix only and let the Mifi unit be for surfing the web only. (my dad and uncle use it more than I do).

Thanks fellas!
Lamiel
join:2008-04-05
Saint Johns, MI

Lamiel

said by Bosgarage57:

how are you guys doing on your data usage? Im ready for the swtich, and I have 4g in a window of my house I have been tethering my phone to watch netflix, used 32gb last month. Watch it at work as well though.

It seems my 3g is so terrible (running cyfre amp, grid antenna) im ready for the switch, and Ill worry about NOT running over the usage when I come to it.

If all else fails, I can use my phone as a back up, or for netflix only and let the Mifi unit be for surfing the web only. (my dad and uncle use it more than I do).

Thanks fellas!

I've been fine so far, and that's with a good 20+ hours of Netflix, who knows how many youtube videos, myself, the wife, and the two older kids browsing, the little one playing her PBSKids games, the wife and oldest daughter on facebook, a little PC gaming for me, software updates for various computers, and whatever else the family gets up to while I'm at work. We hit around 15 gigs on our busiest month to date. Just in case you don't know, you can minimize the impact your Netflix streaming has by setting your account to stream at the lowest quality (which still looks great) - should consume about 300MB/hour.
Bosgarage57
Sevierville, TN

Bosgarage57

yea that is what Ive been doing with the netflix. Thank you for getting back with me so quick. Honestly I've caught up with all my seasons on a netflix show, so I shouldnt be using it too much.

Do you know when Millenciom sends out emails to let you know you are getting close to your limit? I would think it would be 15GB or 18.

I plan on gaming a little ~2 hours a night or so.
Lamiel
join:2008-04-05
Saint Johns, MI

Lamiel

I haven't received such an e-mail, but my in-laws (who are also with Millenicom) received one about a year ago. They're on the 3G Advanced plan though, and I don't know if the two plans are handled the same. Hopefully someone else can give you a definite answer on that.

PC or console? PC gaming typically takes far less bandwidth, due to having dedicated servers rather than player-hosted games. Either way though, I would imagine that 2 hours a night would be fine.
Bosgarage57
Sevierville, TN

Bosgarage57 to bcltoys

to bcltoys
nah it'll be wii or ps3.
purwater
Premium Member
join:2002-10-25
Bluefield, VA

purwater to bcltoys

Premium Member

to bcltoys
Around 25 MB down and 5-8 up has been the norm today. Just turned on the 4G today. Found it by accident when I got home.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 5226.png