spc
uniqs
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned) to Coma

to Coma

Re: Apple v Samsung verdict in-coming

You make me laugh. Every company that was seemingly invincible and on top has fallen at some time. It's how business works. Even through apple colored glasses, that should be an easy one to see.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Exactly. Nothing lasts forever. Just as RIM. Just ask Palm. Just as Nintendo. Just ask AOL. Just ask Yahoo.

What may be unthinkable now can easily be reality in half a decade.

Who in 2005 really for a second thought that RIM would be decimated by 2010.
67845017 (banned)
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

The consumer market is so very fickle.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

1 edit

skeechan

Premium Member

And successful people tend to get lazy like Microsoft did after IE6. With no competition, development virtually stopped. Before, they pushed out regular updates. And since FF and Chrome, they've returned to frequent releases.

Blogger
@mpionbroadband.com

Blogger to skeechan

Anon

to skeechan
Remember how many years that MS was so big and so "evil" in so many ways regarding their business practices and how they dominated the market.

At this point in time Apple has functionally become what MS was alleged to have been in its "prime." The only difference is Apple "looks different" and with things such as the iPhone exerts its control by dictating to its vendors for its products such as the iPhone.

Meanwhile MS continues to diminish overall or systemically and Apple continues as corporation to widen its lead and increase its dominance or control a variety of areas not to mention cash or worth.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma to 67845017

Premium Member

to 67845017
said by 67845017:

You make me laugh. Every company that was seemingly invincible and on top has fallen at some time. It's how business works. Even through apple colored glasses, that should be an easy one to see.

Not only have I purchased both adjacent properties with the help of my favorite fruit company and decease business manager but last year I pulled in more revenue then my previous 50 years in the work force.

My estate thanks you all.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

The question isn't Apple's past success but whether or not the exponential growth will continue, particularly without teh Steve's vision. Once the current products are played out...from who's mind are they going to get the next MAGICAL product? And if they come up with it, will straight laced Cook have the ballz to do it?

The question is would COOK have done the phone? Would COOK have done the iPad? Cook is a supply chain guru, but he may turn out to be risk averse.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

Ask me again in 10 years.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

I would imagine people said the same thing in 1986.
67845017 (banned)
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned) to Coma

to Coma
Yes, you say it all the time. The point is that companies rise and fall. I don't think you learned much in your 50 years.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

said by 67845017:

Yes, you say it all the time. The point is that companies rise and fall. I don't think you learned much in your 50 years.

When did I say that Apple would last forever ?

The first 35 years were rather difficult for me but the last 5 years seemed to be the most rewarding.

Gee, that only adds up to 40 years, where did that other 28 years go ?
67845017 (banned)
Naperville, IL

2 recommendations

67845017 (banned)

Not Apple lasting forever. You go on and on about owning a couple of extra houses etc. I'm personally not impressed, but good for you.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Coma

Premium Member

to Coma
said by Coma:

Pot.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

said by Thaler:

said by Coma:

Pot.

Brain damage

You take a bullet in the head and see what happens.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Blogger

Premium Member

to Blogger
said by Blogger :

Remember how many years that MS was so big and so "evil" in so many ways regarding their business practices and how they dominated the market.

Meanwhile MS continues to diminish overall or systemically and Apple continues as corporation to widen its lead and increase its dominance or control a variety of areas not to mention cash or worth.

windows 8 and server 2012 are going to be a disaster in the corporate market.

OEM's are already harping about MS getting into the hardware market to compete against them.

2013 is going to be interesting for Microsoft.