spc
uniqs
ricky_005
join:2012-01-17
united state

ricky_005 to Max Mouse

to Max Mouse

Re: Now Selling HughesNet Gen4!

The new plan are actually slower not faster......... The $79.95 Gen4 plans is marketed as 10 Mbps (megabit per second) Translated into there old marketing scheme is 1.25 MBps ( megabyte per second) You are getting cheated out of 0.25 MBps on your download speed.

HughesNet will give you the Shaft if you fall for there new marketing scheme about (10 Mbps (megabit per second)) == (1.25 MBps ( megabyte per second))

See this link for a more detailed view of whats going on »TrollFest
Iowa Cowboy
join:2012-08-16
Monticello, IA

Iowa Cowboy

ok Ricky, I know I am not a rocket scientist, but really whats the big difference from MBps and Mbps...so one B is capitalized and the other is no, the B still stands for byte right?

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

MBps and mpbs is a big difference.

Hughesnet NEVER offered a 1.25MBps or even a 1.5MBps package on their current packages (not including Gen4)....still not sure what kinda comparison ricky_005 is trying to make.
said by Iowa Cowboy:

ok Ricky, I know I am not a rocket scientist, but really whats the big difference from MBps and Mbps...so one B is capitalized and the other is no, the B still stands for byte right?

Expand your moderator at work

Heh213
join:2012-06-16

Heh213 to Iowa Cowboy

to Iowa Cowboy

Re: Now Selling HughesNet Gen4!

said by Iowa Cowboy:

Capital B is byte (8 bits total) while lower case b is 1 bit.
Elkhorn
join:2009-12-31
Lyons, OR

Elkhorn to Iowa Cowboy

to Iowa Cowboy
B = Bytes, b= bits. 1 MBps = 8 mbps.
My current Pro plan is 1.4 mbps, there's noooo way it's 1.4 MBps (or 12 mbps.......)

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

At least a few people understand the difference between MBps and Mbps.
said by Elkhorn:

B = Bytes, b= bits. 1 MBps = 8 mbps.
My current Pro plan is 1.4 mbps, there's noooo way it's 1.4 MBps (or 12 mbps.......)

Expand your moderator at work