All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rockfire
join:2011-01-28

rockfire

First wireless bill

Got my first bill. Looks like the day I signed up is the billing day so it shows partial charge of one day. Phone is Samsung Galaxy S3.
Now, whats strange is I have data coverage but I got charged 8.00 for Mobile Internet/Data Usage for 265KB. I called in and the rep reversed it but could not explain why it happened. I have no roaming or anything like that. I would hate to see a month of usage at this rate. Is this a common mistake or something I may have did?

yyzlhr
@rogers.com

yyzlhr

Anon

Cannot say for certain without seeing the bill. The rep may have activated you on the wrong price plan and then changed it after the activation. This causes proration and may result in overage charges. But again I can't say this with certainty unless we can see the bill.

Poser
join:2002-07-28

Poser

Call them, and ask them to explain the discrepancy to you. If it wasn't through any fault of your own, ask for the money back.
rockfire
join:2011-01-28

rockfire

I did give them a call. They said its a prorate for the day. 265kb at 8.00 for prorate is wild. One rep said the charges are valid. Another rep didnt understand the charge and gave me a credit of the charge. Just not looking forward to another bill. Think if I used a 100 meg that day, what would have been that charge. I have the data plan so I should be ok.
kliles
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

kliles

I would suggest thoroughly checking every single bill. My most recent bill (for TV, Cable, HomeFone and two wireless phones ran to 22 pages and only about 5 pages of that was listings of cell calls...

The most exciting part is the set of about 5 pages of charges/reverses/rebates/undo etc related to Cable. What a Fustercluck. It is horribly wrong and nobody there can even explain what it is supposed to be!