uniqs
share rss forum feed

Critsmcgee

join:2011-12-02
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to djoropallo

Re: [DVR] 7232 Slow, Unrepsonsive Until Warms Up or a Reboot

It's still happening for me in the Boston area. The wife wants me to cancel FIOS she's so feed up of the issue. I need this fix bad so the wife is happy because we all know when the wife is unhappy everyone is unhappy!

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to djoropallo

In VH05, my STB is taking a software update as I type. I can watch TV and change channels, but nothing else. Is this the update being discussed in this thread?

Pepsiman

join:2002-01-18
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

Click for full size
7232dvr_diagnostic menu_2
said by UnnDunn:

In VH05, my STB is taking a software update as I type. I can watch TV and change channels, but nothing else. Is this the update being discussed in this thread?

Yes, I got the first update about 2:00am Thursday 01/03/13 on my STB 7232 DVR I got the second update on my STB 7100 4:15am, I also live in the VH05.
both set top boxes seem very responsive now.

Pepsiman

Brooklyn, NY
reply to nycdave

nydave,

I Finally got the firmware update 25.39 this morning at 2:00am 01/03/13.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

Last night I was ready to throw the box out the window that's how bad it was. I just tried it now and its seems to be working fine. My wife and daughter will be glad to hear the good news also.

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

Still no joy in MA.

Matcarl, I like you, had a lot of problems with the box last night, much worse than I've ever seen it, so I'm not sure why it was so bad last night. I still don't have the update this morning but it seems a little better than it was last night.

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:2
reply to djoropallo

I *think* vho7 is up next.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to djoropallo

so VHO 5 is officially done?

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:14

Yes, VHO5 had fast spin today. VHO6 is soon....

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
reply to djoropallo

so 6 on 1/7 and 7 on 1/8? Just a *guess*.

jmcging

join:2005-08-04
Columbia, MD
reply to djoropallo

Darn, I've been busy and not paying attention till the kid's TV went all catatonic on me last night and simply refused to change channels. I'm in VH04, can't say it's been a problem since mid-December on any of the 5 boxes/dvrs we have as I just got used to it. But i definitely had an issue last night.

Goono

@myvzw.com
reply to djoropallo

Got the update last night in ny. One of my boxes an older model has no guide info and I can not see the mr- DVr list. Is this from the update? I did reboot the box twice. The box is silver if that helps. Any help will be much appreciated . Thanks

nycdave
Premium,MVM
Melville, NY

Perform a MRDVR Auto Fix, that should fix the MR issue.

TitusTroy

New York, NY
reply to djoropallo

so far so good in Manhattan...no more channel freezes or slowdowns...things seem even snappier then before...hope it stays this way

Pepsiman

Brooklyn, NY
reply to matcarl

said by matcarl:

Last night I was ready to throw the box out the window that's how bad it was. I just tried it now and its seems to be working fine. My wife and daughter will be glad to hear the good news also.

Yep, I was ready to throw the damn remote at the dvr, now everything is working fine, I am not sure but it looks like the picture quality seems to be better, maybe its my imagination.

TitusTroy

New York, NY

said by Pepsiman:

I am not sure but it looks like the picture quality seems to be better, maybe its my imagination

I noticed the same thing...for some reason PQ looks better on nearly every HD channel...was there a stealth bit rate increase or QAM slot re-arrangement?

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

said by TitusTroy:

said by Pepsiman:

I am not sure but it looks like the picture quality seems to be better, maybe its my imagination

I noticed the same thing...for some reason PQ looks better on nearly every HD channel...was there a stealth bit rate increase or QAM slot re-arrangement?

I don't think so. I believe they may have tweeked the smoothing algorithm in the STB. I will ping my "sources" and see if they know anything.

marhil0

join:2008-10-21
Exton, PA
reply to djoropallo

Anybody know when VHO 8 is getting the update ? Glad to hear the update fixes the channel changing delays. Went to change the channel last night and my 7232 froze for about a minute. Will be happy when this annoying problem ends.

Infominister

@verizon.net
reply to nycdave

I'm in VHO5 (northern Westchester) and it's NOT fixed. Still on firmware 1.91 and having all the aforementioned problems.

AVITWeb

join:2002-01-11
Trenton, NJ
reply to djoropallo

Between these problems and high ping times and price, I am considering cancelling as well...Price is the bigger one though. And the fact that they keep adding advertising on my box but can't add channels or correct problems in a more timely fashion.

PJL

Long Beach, CA
reply to Infominister

said by Infominister :

I'm in VHO5 (northern Westchester) and it's NOT fixed. Still on firmware 1.91 and having all the aforementioned problems.

It isn't the ST IMG software that was modified. Suggest you read earlier posts in this thread about what actually is or has changed.

Infominister

@verizon.net

I'll do that, but whether it's the ST IMG software, or something else, my STB is still malfunctioning in all the ways described here.

Pepsiman

Brooklyn, NY
reply to PJL

said by PJL:

said by TitusTroy:

said by Pepsiman:

I don't think so. I believe they may have tweeked the smoothing algorithm in the STB. I will ping my "sources" and see if they know anything.

PJL,

Let me know what kind of results you get w/ the ping sources.

Pepsiman

Brooklyn, NY
reply to TitusTroy

Enjoy the PQ and the quick STB response time

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to AVITWeb

said by AVITWeb:

Between these problems and high ping times and price, I am considering cancelling as well...Price is the bigger one though. And the fact that they keep adding advertising on my box but can't add channels or correct problems in a more timely fashion.

Have you ever seen the advertising on Comcast? They have big ads plastered all over the program guide. Now that's annoying.

AVITWeb

Trenton, NJ

Yeah but they are pictures...I am tired of turning on my tv, pressing Guide and waiting 2 minutes for Verizon to push me on the On Demand idea or telling me to rent a movie.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
Melville, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

You can turn off the advertisement splash screens using these settings - Menu -> Settings -> Television -> Interactive TV (Disable) and Recommendations (Turn Off).

Also disable PopUp alerts - Settings - PopUp Alerts - Enable Options - (Never Show me again).

AVITWeb

Trenton, NJ

already done...still happens

TitusTroy

New York, NY
reply to nycdave

said by nycdave:

You can turn off the advertisement splash screens using these settings - Menu -> Settings -> Television -> Interactive TV (Disable) and Recommendations (Turn Off)

which ads do these settings control?...the pop-ups I get every Friday are disabled through the 'Pop Up Alert' setting so what exactly does 'Interactive TV' disable?...the ones that pop up in the VOD or Menu?

PJL

Long Beach, CA

said by TitusTroy:

said by nycdave:

You can turn off the advertisement splash screens using these settings - Menu -> Settings -> Television -> Interactive TV (Disable) and Recommendations (Turn Off)

which ads do these settings control?...the pop-ups I get every Friday are disabled through the 'Pop Up Alert' setting so what exactly does 'Interactive TV' disable?...the ones that pop up in the VOD or Menu?

I think the "Interactive TV" is for the popups that appear on some channels, like CNN, Home Shopping, etc.