share rss forum feed

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2
reply to Infominister

Re: [DVR] 7232 Slow, Unrepsonsive Until Warms Up or a Reboot

said by Infominister :

I'm in VHO5 (northern Westchester) and it's NOT fixed. Still on firmware 1.91 and having all the aforementioned problems.

It isn't the ST IMG software that was modified. Suggest you read earlier posts in this thread about what actually is or has changed.

Infominister

@verizon.net

I'll do that, but whether it's the ST IMG software, or something else, my STB is still malfunctioning in all the ways described here.

Pepsiman

join:2002-01-18
Brooklyn, NY
reply to PJL

said by PJL:

said by TitusTroy:

said by Pepsiman:

I am not sure but it looks like the picture quality seems to be better, maybe its my imagination

I noticed the same thing...for some reason PQ looks better on nearly every HD channel...was there a stealth bit rate increase or QAM slot re-arrangement?

I don't think so. I believe they may have tweeked the smoothing algorithm in the STB. I will ping my "sources" and see if they know anything.

PJL,

Let me know what kind of results you get w/ the ping sources.

Pepsiman

join:2002-01-18
Brooklyn, NY
reply to TitusTroy

Enjoy the PQ and the quick STB response time

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to AVITWeb

said by AVITWeb:

Between these problems and high ping times and price, I am considering cancelling as well...Price is the bigger one though. And the fact that they keep adding advertising on my box but can't add channels or correct problems in a more timely fashion.

Have you ever seen the advertising on Comcast? They have big ads plastered all over the program guide. Now that's annoying.

AVITWeb

join:2002-01-11
Trenton, NJ

Yeah but they are pictures...I am tired of turning on my tv, pressing Guide and waiting 2 minutes for Verizon to push me on the On Demand idea or telling me to rent a movie.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

You can turn off the advertisement splash screens using these settings - Menu -> Settings -> Television -> Interactive TV (Disable) and Recommendations (Turn Off).

Also disable PopUp alerts - Settings - PopUp Alerts - Enable Options - (Never Show me again).

AVITWeb

join:2002-01-11
Trenton, NJ

already done...still happens

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to nycdave

said by nycdave:

You can turn off the advertisement splash screens using these settings - Menu -> Settings -> Television -> Interactive TV (Disable) and Recommendations (Turn Off)

which ads do these settings control?...the pop-ups I get every Friday are disabled through the 'Pop Up Alert' setting so what exactly does 'Interactive TV' disable?...the ones that pop up in the VOD or Menu?

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by TitusTroy:

said by nycdave:

You can turn off the advertisement splash screens using these settings - Menu -> Settings -> Television -> Interactive TV (Disable) and Recommendations (Turn Off)

which ads do these settings control?...the pop-ups I get every Friday are disabled through the 'Pop Up Alert' setting so what exactly does 'Interactive TV' disable?...the ones that pop up in the VOD or Menu?

I think the "Interactive TV" is for the popups that appear on some channels, like CNN, Home Shopping, etc.

thetick

join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

1 edit
reply to nycdave

said by nycdave:

You can turn off the advertisement splash screens using these settings - Menu -> Settings -> Television -> Interactive TV (Disable) and Recommendations (Turn Off).

Also disable PopUp alerts - Settings - PopUp Alerts - Enable Options - (Never Show me again).

I have all three disabled and still get the loud , violent VOD ads. My three year old now covers his ears and closes his eyes when he sees the VOD menu. Note the previous software image disabled them correctly and left a red "FIOS VOD" image. The Underworld VOD a few weeks was very inappropriate! Waiting for the disables to work.

TitusTroy

New York, NY
reply to PJL

said by PJL:

I think the "Interactive TV" is for the popups that appear on some channels, like CNN, Home Shopping, etc.

like those widget pop-ups?...that's the only pop-ups I know of

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
reply to thetick

said by thetick:

said by nycdave:

I have all three disabled and still get the loud , violent VOD ads. My three year old now covers his ears and closes his eyes when he sees the VOD menu. Note the previous software image disabled them correctly and left a red "FIOS VOD" image. The Underworld VOD a few weeks was very inappropriate! Waiting for the disables to work.

Wait, you're talking about something totally different than the rest of us. You aren't talking about the weekly VOD ads, you are talking about VOD promo clips when you access the VOD menu. That can be turned off someplace in Parental Controls and not what we are referring to.

LimoMan
Premium
join:2005-07-23
Eatontown, NJ
reply to djoropallo

Hijacked thread? I want more info on "slow DVR response" not comments about ads..????

andyboy

join:2011-11-28
New Rochelle, NY

Got my firmware update the other day here in VH05 and slow change is gone. But now I have crazy fast FF and rewind. 4x and 8x are blazing fast on my 7216 p2 much more so than before the update. Not complaining though.

Infominister

@verizon.net
reply to Pepsiman

How do you get to the diagnostics page?

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:31

said by Infominister :

How do you get to the diagnostics page?

»Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »What Information Can My Set-Top Box Tell Me
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

FiosTV1080I

join:2010-09-06
united state
reply to Infominister

Turn on the STB, Turn off hit ok on the remote then ok again fast and diagnostic menu should pop up for you.

blueribb

@verizon.net
reply to AVITWeb

I started a thread about this issue on Aug 17, 2012 on the Verizon Forums and according to Travis S of the Verizon Telecom Social Media Team, all markets would be receiving the software update by January 7, 2013. I checked my DVR this morning and still have Platform 25.38 (April 2012). I'm in PA (VH08). It looks like the software rollout is taking longer than they first estimated. Verizon reps are no longer commenting about this issue or the long-delayed rollout dates on the Verizon Forum.

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY

This is SOP for Verizon software rollouts. Learn to live with it.

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:3
reply to blueribb

Amazingly, it was pretty darn accurate for a 6 month out prediction. The Firmware should be rolled out completely relatively soon.

said by blueribb :

I started a thread about this issue on Aug 17, 2012 on the Verizon Forums and according to Travis S of the Verizon Telecom Social Media Team, all markets would be receiving the software update by January 7, 2013. I checked my DVR this morning and still have Platform 25.38 (April 2012). I'm in PA (VH08). It looks like the software rollout is taking longer than they first estimated. Verizon reps are no longer commenting about this issue or the long-delayed rollout dates on the Verizon Forum.

Webcobbler

@verizon.net

I believe I am getting the update now in VHO7. It just finished I believe. Platform Version : 25.39

Although I can not change any channels or view the guide at this time.

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to nascar

Update: Now I can watch tv normally. And again, I do now have the latest Platform Version: 25.39, Oct 22 2012 at 16:43:11

rlstjohn

join:2005-03-09
Odenton, MD
reply to djoropallo

After being extremely frustrated with the unresponsive DVRs I finally called VZ and had both of them (Cisco) replaced. I had absolutely no issues since the replacements (been close to a month now) and wish I would have called sooner.

Robert

blueribbon8

join:2002-02-12
Fairless Hills, PA
reply to djoropallo

I received the update either late last night or early this morning (Jan 8th). It now displays 25.39 (Oct 2012). I'm in PA (VH08). Lag is gone and picture looks better.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
reply to djoropallo

Still on .38 in VH06

HenryFarpolo
Premium
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

Got 39 last night!! Finally!! VH06

TitusTroy

New York, NY
reply to djoropallo

seeing some slowdowns again the past few days when changing channels and navigating through my recorded shows (VHO 5)...not as bad as before but there's definitely a slowdown