share rss forum feed
Expand your moderator at work

photoflash

@verizon.net
reply to djoropallo

Re: Verizon says they're 'working hard' on the problem

Posted last night (9/20) on the Verizon FiOS TV Technical Forums:

All,

I apologize for the long wait on this issue, but we are working hard on this case. Those of you who have sent me a PM, I have responded to you requesting additional information. I appreciate everyone's patience in this matter.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

tfrionli
Tom F.

join:2001-06-21
Kings Park, NY

check your moca speeds. If nothing is recording on the dvr, hit pwr,ok,ok, goto connected home status and check your speeds, if over 180 your internal wiring is good, try rebooting router,stb's, ont, should be good, if more issues please post.
--
tfrionli

MagScribe

join:2001-08-20
West Chester, PA
reply to djoropallo

Re: [DVR] 7232 Slow, Unrepsonsive Until Warms Up or a Reboot

Clearly, they're not working very hard on this because the issue appears to getting worse. I think we're going to need to push this out to the media and local government, as well as start posting on financial boards.

Maybe the combination of public, governmental and a sliding stock price will be enough to get VZs attention. Maybe.
--
I do local news. My top site: www.unionvilletimes.com

HenryFarpolo
Premium
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

said by MagScribe:

Clearly, they're not working very hard on this because the issue appears to getting worse. I think we're going to need to push this out to the media and local government, as well as start posting on financial boards.

Maybe the combination of public, governmental and a sliding stock price will be enough to get VZs attention. Maybe.

It is irritating, but I think I will work through Verizon and save any draconian measures for something really important.

djoropallo

join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ
reply to vizzyGoMo

said by vizzyGoMo :

When you say until it "warms up", are you disconnecting power (e.g. on switched outlet) when you shut it off, or are you just putting the box in standby? Once its running and "warmed up" is it ok, or still slow?

It used to clear up after 10 to 15 minutes, I figured the box was warmed up, OS booted and settled in, but there isn't any warm up period anymore, the problem happens when it wants, sometimes the channel will change other times it takes a minute or two.

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

I did a remote reload/reboot from the Fios support website on Friday afternoon and I haven't had the problem since. Probably just a matter of time but I got, at least, temporary relief.

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

said by blue_trooper:

I did a remote reload/reboot from the Fios support website on Friday afternoon and I haven't had the problem since. Probably just a matter of time but I got, at least, temporary relief.

I should have kept my mouth shut. Back to the delays last night.

Dliv

join:2010-03-29
Lutherville Timonium, MD
reply to djoropallo

I can't believe something this widespread has not been fixed yet.

kennye

join:2009-02-05
Carrollton, TX

It probably won't be fixed before the next IMG upgrade.

chantilly

@verizon.net
reply to Dliv

I probably should type this with my fingers crossed, but I haven't had this problem in a couple days now, and channel changes seem to be speedy again. DC area here.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

said by chantilly :

I probably should type this with my fingers crossed, but I haven't had this problem in a couple days now, and channel changes seem to be speedy again. DC area here.

It comes and goes. I was ok for a couple of days and now it's back.

Rudy81

join:2001-12-06
Lewisville, TX

I have two of the Fios HD DVR's and they started having this problem about a month ago. Driving me crazy and found this post as well as 15 pages of posts on a similar topic in the Verizon forum.

Hopefully the software will be fixed, since these boxes were flawless the past year.
--
Thanks,Rudy81

nyrrule27

join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ

this issue has been identified by verizon and will be fixed 1q of 2013

stephenju
Premium
join:2002-05-17
Bedford, MA

Seriously? We have to suffer through this for at least another 3 months?

marhil0

join:2008-10-21
Exton, PA
reply to nyrrule27

In the meantime we will just continue to raise your rates.

djoropallo

join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ
reply to nyrrule27

said by nyrrule27:

this issue has been identified by verizon and will be fixed 1q of 2013

My contract is up before that, really has me considering going back to satellite or even Comcast. Especially after they continually interrupted live NFL action with commercials.

ab4bd

join:2008-01-24
Venice, FL
reply to djoropallo

.2 cents...

We had never experienced the problem, 2 weeks ago we took a lightning strike and everything with a network cable or phone cable attached got damaged, and the 7232's hdmi was taken out via the TV that was toasted.

My Wife is trying to watch her recorded shows so we can get the box switched out, so it's connected via Component and playing, but NOW the unresponsiveness is most obvious as described in this thread.

Also had to have the router replaced, was a rev D, now a rev I. As well as the device with the battery in it.

Not sure that information is of any value, but there it is.

George

navyson

join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD
reply to djoropallo

Both Directv and Dishnetwork currently have new impressive 1 terabyte DVR's. Verizon is so behind the times.

I thought FIOS and the fiber optics was the best thing since sliced bread. The competition believes otherwise.

Here is the new Directv DVR

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfm9DlVz···youtu.be

jmcging

join:2005-08-04
Columbia, MD
reply to stephenju

said by stephenju:

Well, 1Q 2013 ends March 2013, so duration is up to 6 months before fix.

kennye

join:2009-02-05
Carrollton, TX

that is probably when Verizon starts the roll out. Could be much longer

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to djoropallo

The Hopper from Dish is going to be a big legal battle. CBS and all its affiliated networks has already said it will not allow the Hopper to skip its commercials. Only time will tell who wins on this one but its never the consumers...

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

said by bohratom:

The Hopper from Dish is going to be a big legal battle. CBS and all its affiliated networks has already said it will not allow the Hopper to skip its commercials. Only time will tell who wins on this one but its never the consumers...

I believe they said they wouldn't allow it unless they paid more transmission fees to them

ebubman

join:2002-01-17
Mechanicsburg, PA
reply to djoropallo

jumping on the bandwagon to give it a bump. we have the same box & it frequently seems to freeze when attempting to change channels. this is really a pita however not so much so that it makes me want to go back to comcast.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to matcarl

said by matcarl:

I believe they said they wouldn't allow it unless they paid more transmission fees to them

Looks like they came to an agreement....Gannet wanted a 300% increase in carriage fees in order to replace the ad revenue lost due to the Hopper. I can only imagine what the increase will be for the consumers...

»www.marketwatch.com/story/radio-···12-10-08

sbernstein5

join:2005-01-18
10024-5650
reply to jmcging

said by jmcging:

said by stephenju:

Well, 1Q 2013 ends March 2013, so duration is up to 6 months before fix.

And that is if "things go according to plan" which they never do!

xgman

join:2012-05-29

2 edits
reply to nascar

Fios techs should be made to read the forums. I have had several techs out that replaced all sorts of things that were totally unaware of this issue. Same for the ones that you call. It's really quite frustrating that there is such a disconnect there. Happens all the time on my 7332-2's. This is NOT normal. Seems to be worse with a I rev router. And how dare they say they are working on this when none of their techs are even aware of this. Complete BS!

Bob428

@pitt.edu

Has this happened to anyone with a cisco Box? I have a Motorola and it is happening. Over on the fios boards, someone suggested that it only happens to motorolas. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

bogdanmi

join:2002-01-07
Crofton, MD
reply to djoropallo

I have this problem on my 7232 at least once a day, usually right after you turn it on. Takes 30 to 45 seconds to change the channel the first time. Very annoying.

PhoenixOne

join:2009-12-16
Old Bethpage, NY
reply to djoropallo

It has gotten worse with both of my DVR 7232's. It is now taking roughly 1-3 mins for it to unfreeze itself.