uniqs
share rss forum feed

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

1 edit

Rogers Customer Service: Good, Bad or Ugly

After many years of dealing with Rogers I have found that their customer service ranges from Excellent to Poor.

Retail Fulfillment, Customer Care and the Social Media Team IMHO do an outstanding professional job whereas the front line telephone tech support CSRs are usually unhelpful, combative and uncaring.

Accounts/Billing can wear even the most patient customer down but the Accounts supervisors seem to do an efficient job.

Why this is so I have no idea. I know I still hesitate before picking up the phone to call Rogers. It's a roll of the dice.

And why can't Rogers publish the direct phone numbers to their different departments so we don't have to go through that damn stupid robot every time we call??

Another weekend troll..........

balur

join:2010-04-28
kudos:1

Because the point of the robot is to prevent people from getting to the CSRs either by giving up, or by getting the answers by the automated system. As everytime someone does get through it costs money.

Expand your moderator at work

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
reply to balur

Re: Rogers Customer Service: Good, Bad or Ugly

Also, most people don't understand the inner workings of Rogers well enough to know which department they actually need to get to.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON

2 edits
reply to elitefx

Well, as many of you may or may not be aware, robots and this "press 1, press 2" nonsense is a nightmare for seniors and those that are hearing impaired. And pressing a 10 digit phone number at the prompt is near impossible for those suffering from arthritis and other manual dexterity issues. There has to be a better way to make connecting to Rogers more user friendly for those that need assistance the most. Trust me, I've seen it firsthand.....

I realize this is the way it's done these days but Rogers is not like other companies. They literally control the entire means of communication for some homes; phone, Inet, cable etc. No Rogers and they're in the dark.

And this brings up another issue. You call Rogers and book a tech visit and not only do you need to be home from 12-5 etc but now you need to hang around the phone because they won't show up if they can't call first during the appointed hours.

Well, I don't have a cell phone and neither do thousands of others. Never needed one. Don't like them. And I DON'T LIKE hanging around close to the phone waiting for a Rogers tech to call.

I made the appointment and I expect them to show up forthwith.

yyzlhr

@rogers.com

IMO, Rogers has one of the easier IVRs. Fairly easy to navigate, and options like cancelling your service are readily available and takes you to the right department. I've dealt with IVRs that purposely make it extremely difficult to speak to a representative. Examples include UPS, Government of Canada agencies. I have yet to encounter any corporation that doesn't use an IVR. Even this tiny non-profit my mother works for has implemented an IVR now.

Also, it's not Rogers fault that certain residential communities are exclusive to Rogers. Property developers and competing companies like Bell are to blame.

Unfortunately IVRs are not going away for large corporations. For those who are hearing impaired, they can contact Rogers using a message relay service.

Also tech visits are scheduled in three hour windows, not five. Although reps are trained to tell customers that the tech won't show up if the phone isn't answered to prevent customers from bailing on their appointments without calling to reschedule. As per policy, techs WILL show up even if you don't answer the phone.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
reply to elitefx

Good thing Rogers isn't in Britain.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=0usJCEUgWyM

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
reply to yyzlhr

its not difficult to understand, just look at how many products they have: TV, Internet, , Home phone, and Cellular.
Now the menu lists all of those departments, just choose which one, and if u get a sub menu, it usually says billing, tech support, etc, try to know what ur question is, if u have been overcharged on your bill and want to discuss it, dont press the technical support option, that will just take u in circles, lol
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

join:2012-08-06
reply to elitefx

said by elitefx:

After many years of dealing with Rogers I have found that their customer service ranges from Excellent to Poor.

Retail Fulfillment, Customer Care and the Social Media Team IMHO do an outstanding professional job whereas the front line telephone tech support CSRs are usually unhelpful, combative and uncaring.

Accounts/Billing can wear even the most patient customer down but the Accounts supervisors seem to do an efficient job.

Why this is so I have no idea. I know I still hesitate before picking up the phone to call Rogers. It's a roll of the dice.

And why can't Rogers publish the direct phone numbers to their different departments so we don't have to go through that damn stupid robot every time we call??

Another weekend troll..........

Because they don't want you calling direct. All the old direct numbers are gone for a reason.

join:2012-08-06
reply to elitefx

said by elitefx:

Well, I don't have a cell phone and neither do thousands of others. Never needed one. Don't like them. And I DON'T LIKE hanging around close to the phone waiting for a Rogers tech to call.

I made the appointment and I expect them to show up forthwith.

You expect too much.

Poser

join:2002-07-28
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to elitefx

I called, lady said she couldn't help me.

I said, "transfer me to someone who can."

She responded, "What do you mean, who should I transfer you to?"

"Someone who will listen to me and make an effort to try to get what I need done."

Her response, "But who would that be? Billing? Tech Support...?"

She couldn't even be helpful enough to get me to someone who could help me!

randomzero

join:2010-03-25
reply to elitefx

This same concept could be applied to every single person the world, not just people working for Rogers.
There will always be people on each end of the spectrum.

DJ411

join:2009-12-31
reply to elitefx

i've contacted rogers last week about 3-5 times. i think just like any other company they just read what ever is on the computer in front of them.

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe

1 edit
reply to elitefx

Interesting that someone else noticed this. Being a resident of Quebec, I've only ever called them for cellphone services. I've noticed that when I call, I either get someone qualified/competent or I get the complete opposite, its probably 60/40.

I would wager the majority of anglophones in Quebec use Rogers wireless, (or Fido). Rogers' absence as cable or home phone company puts them in a weird position, where no one really has/had any reason to hate them for past sins, and the company has no bundling motives at all - it makes for a different interaction versus dealing with a company like Bell.

My biggest problem with their customer service and billing practices is the games they play with value packs and credits. You never know if you're locked-in to some combination of features on your account, or special plan whos credits or discounts can disappear. It makes for a lot of ambiguity, and to be honest I'm scared of calling in half the time in case someone makes an irreversible change in their systems. It doesn't help that every time I call in, I briefly state my problem, followed by the rep struggling with their system for 15 minutes...

Other notes....
- Their customer service seems to be open very late
- Like most other carriers, prepaid customers are dismissed as an annoyance

Bell is just ridiculous as a whole. It's laughable some of the things they get away with. Videotron's response is to absorb angry bell clients without really competing on price or features at all.

HammerofGawd

join:2012-06-30
reply to elitefx

You folks have NO IDEA what kinda of pressure Rogers agents are under in every dept to hit lofty (read unrealistic) stat targets.