Search similar:

uniqs
robman50
join:2010-12-14

robman50 to Dingaan

to Dingaan

Re: [Eastern Ontario] Email malfunctioning

Email update: (from my own experience)
It will login about 75% of the time. (if any)
The server will not receive messages until much later. Example: Send out a message at 11:27am, receive stamp at 12:27pm and downloads to the inbox at 12:40pm with the 12:27pm time.

No updates on the Cogeco facebook page as of 12:42pm (they say they will have an update as of noon)
robman50

robman50 to Dingaan

to Dingaan
I wonder, will Cogeco credit their customers? If so they owe us at least 3 free months of service.
I don't think I'd ever used my DVD player as much as I did this year.

Cog Loyal
@cgocable.net

Cog Loyal to Dingaan

Anon

to Dingaan
In the one "dump" I received this morning, they did manage to get out todays email regarding my new Cogeco Invoice LOL.

Blinkins
@cgocable.net

Blinkins to robman50

Anon

to robman50
One of our accounts started downloading again - said it was going to take 20 min then started counting up - now says an hour (although its already been that and its only 1/6th the way through) - but the crazy thing is that the msgs coming in start at last Wed (22nd) and are working backword (i.e. now its loading msgs from the 21st) - wouldn't you think it would work forward to the current msgs - makes me nervous something's going to get lost like msgs from Sun/Mon. Just mentioning it in case anyone else experiences the same.
Hamilton1
join:2007-10-28
Hamilton, ON

Hamilton1 to Dingaan

to Dingaan
So I gotten about 15 emails so far for the last 3 days which isn't close to 25% of my normal emails and they say they haven't lost any of their customers emails.

Ya right!!!!!

I wonder how happy they would be if I only paid less than 25% of my monthly bill?

bgrosso
@cgocable.net

bgrosso to Dingaan

Anon

to Dingaan
Is anyone with an iphone still getting incorrect password messages. Mine is hit and miss. Sometimes my iphone will tell me that the password is not correct and other times it will check for messages. When it does this - it takes forever but eventually works.
DanGoodchild
join:2011-10-15
Niagara Falls, ON

DanGoodchild to Dingaan

to Dingaan
Ok, for the first time since Sunday evening my smart phone is getting email. It's trickling in slowly, but it's coming.

Terrible
@cgocable.net

Terrible

Anon

Still getting username/password error in St. Catharine's.
But this really tops the cake. Last night got a phone call (pre-recorded) message from Cogeco as to SATISFACTION SURVEY! I'd say timing like their updates on email was out in left field, even deeper!

Susan bb
@cgocable.net

Susan bb to bwt

Anon

to bwt
The woman I spoke to at Cogeco Customer Service was impatient and offered no apology. I'm furious at lack of info from Cogeco and their disregard for their customers' inconvenience. The hidden notification of the issue on their web page is laughable. They should issue a press release outlining the problem, what's being done about it and when they expect it to be corrected. Customer service 101.

bgrosso
@cgocable.net

bgrosso to Dingaan

Anon

to Dingaan
At 2:10 in the afternoon in Hamilton, I am STILL getting the following:
1. usnername/password error on my iphone
2. "checking for mail" on my iphone taking forever
3. time outs on my laptop and desktop
4. errors and server connection termination messages on laptop and desktop to the point that I give up trying to get email
5. a busy signal when I call Cogeco so I can't even get a recorded update that way
6. I will check now to see if they finally posted their "noon" update on their facebook page
robman50

1 edit

robman50

I still am having problems.

Cogeco
1:47pm (that was supposed to be the 'noon' update)

We apologize for the delay in posting this update. New information arose just prior to 12 o’clock and we needed time to assess it to properly update you.

The hardware issue impacting our email service was resolved this morning and all backlogged emails have been delivered. Due to the number of users trying to retrieve their emails, some customers are still experiencing authentication or log in issues.

Our teams and partners continue their efforts to restore normal service.

We will keep you posted and expect to update you again later this afternoon.
robman50

robman50 to Dingaan

to Dingaan
Cogeco Webmail
cogeco.ca/web/on/en/my_cogeco/index.php?error=wm_missing_parameters

and it won't login.

'error=wm_Missing_parameters'? That's a new URL.

bwt
@cgocable.net

bwt to robman50

Anon

to robman50
Backlogged e-mails delivered to whom ??? Certainly not all customers . I have nothing since Sunday morning. Cogeco communication is disgraceful. Attempting by "report date" to hide the length of time of the outage and then declaring a fix that is nowhere close to getting service restored. When things are back to normal then all is fixed ( not before that). Awful company

Member32
@cgocable.net

Member32 to Dingaan

Anon

to Dingaan
It looks like Cogeco has been purchased by Bell.
These are the kind of problems Sympatico users have..
Especially with their recent move to Microsoft OWM.

I have never had an issue with cogeco email.. and I too am very disappointed with cogeco for not having an appropriate fall back plan.

SteveE
@blink.ca

SteveE to robman50

Anon

to robman50
If you go on their FB page there are still TONS of people (myself included) that have not had their issue resolved.

Blinkins
@cgocable.net

Blinkins to Member32

Anon

to Member32
latest:

A hardware issue impacting our email service was resolved on early morning Tuesday, August 28th and all backlogged emails have been delivered.
Due to the number of affected users trying to retrieve their emails, some customers may experience user authentication or log in issues throughout the day.
As part of the solution, My Cogeco Webmail access has been temporarily shut down. This will help decrease traffic to our system and help speed up restoration to normal service.
We will keep you posted on this temporary page as the situation evolves.
Our teams and partners continue their efforts to restore normal service as quickly as possible and we apologize for the inconvenience.
cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently
join:2011-04-19

cog_biz_user to Dingaan

to Dingaan
i just want to ask, this doesn't include the outgoing smtp server does it? i sent some mail from my mail server, and it left my network, but i have no way of knowing it hit the destination until i get a reply from the other end...

Blinkins
@cgocable.net

Blinkins to Blinkins

Anon

to Blinkins
Meant to add to my note about the latest FB msg: so they're throwing the fault back onto the user ... again! Typical.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to Dingaan

Premium Member

to Dingaan
said by Webmail :

Notice

In order to resolve recent issues with user authentication or log in, access to Webmail will be temporarily shut down. We thank you for your understanding

robman50

robman50 to SteveE

to SteveE
said by SteveE :

If you go on their FB page there are still TONS of people (myself included) that have not had their issue resolved.

It's not working for me either.
robman50

robman50 to cog_biz_user

to cog_biz_user
said by cog_biz_user:

i just want to ask, this doesn't include the outgoing smtp server does it? i sent some mail from my mail server, and it left my network, but i have no way of knowing it hit the destination until i get a reply from the other end...

smtp.cogeco.ca seems to work great for me.
robman50

robman50 to Dingaan

to Dingaan
'A hardware issue impacting our email service was resolved on early morning Tuesday, August 28th.

Due to the number of affected users trying to retrieve their emails, some customers may experience user authentication or log in issues throughout the day.'

1. So why do I keep getting 'pop.cogeco.ca reports temporary unavailable'?

2. Why does the mail server respond with '+'? WTF does + mean?

So clearly it is NOT fixed.
robman50

robman50

Got this from the Cogeco Outage page:
We apologize for the continued problems you are experiencing with your email. The hardware issue impacting our email service was resolved and all backlogged emails have been delivered. Some customers are still experiencing authentication or log in issues.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Like how it says 'Some customers' it should say every customer.

Looks like Cogeco had the same problem as now but back in 2008.

Here is an interesting read which I found from Google.
Another Cogeco Email problem thread over at Digital Home

Really, 2008 till now? Cogeco just through out all of the servers and get all brand new ones. I'm sure they have the money (from jacking up everyone's cable bill all the time)

Blinkins
@cgocable.net

Blinkins

Anon

Get this - they're now telling the media the same thing as what's on their outage page - 'that all is restored although a few might have login issues.' Giving the general populace the impression that all is back to normal when it certainly isn't. I'm still getting errs and a test msg I sent 30 min ago still hasn't come in.

»www.insidehalton.com/new ··· h-e-mail
robman50

robman50 to Dingaan

to Dingaan
HOLY CRAP! I think the stupid server is FINALLY fixed.
robman50

robman50

I keep hitting F5 for send/receive and no errors. Won't hold my breath though because it might go down again. You know it has only been a few days, not like we been with out for an week or more. haaahaa
robman50

robman50

I take it back. It's still broken.

brian5
@cgocable.net

brian5 to Blinkins

Anon

to Blinkins
said by Blinkins :

They just put more info on Facebook page - we're still only receiving msgs for 1 account though:

»www.facebook.com/Cogeco

So that's where I have to find out about it..... the CIA database

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to robman50

Premium Member

to robman50
said by robman50:

1. So why do I keep getting 'pop.cogeco.ca reports temporary unavailable'?

It's possible the issue is related to the volume of connecting people. Friends were able to obtain some emails today and it seems to have been sporadically accessible throughout the day.
Expand your moderator at work