spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

adams71

@bhn.net
reply to JeffMD

Re: [TV] Watch Fox News Live on your Apple iOS Enabled Device!

Not so Jeff.....I had no issues with getting the Digital Boxes because I wanted the HiDef channels.

BNHtechXpert......I have and will always support BHN in its stance against providers at Contract Renewal time when BHN opinions the increases are not reasonable. The providers need the Income they receive from BHN and other Cable providers as much as the Cable companies want to keep content for their customers. It really would be nice if contracts with a Provider more aligned on the same dates.....then instead of one fighting the increase.....many would and the providers I bet would cave....everytime

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147

said by adams71 :

Not so Jeff.....I had no issues with getting the Digital Boxes because I wanted the HiDef channels.

BNHtechXpert......I have and will always support BHN in its stance against providers at Contract Renewal time when BHN opinions the increases are not reasonable. The providers need the Income they receive from BHN and other Cable providers as much as the Cable companies want to keep content for their customers. It really would be nice if contracts with a Provider more aligned on the same dates.....then instead of one fighting the increase.....many would and the providers I bet would cave....everytime

Thank you Adams we appreciate your support.

Honestly I'm not sure I want them all expiring in the same timeframe as the process honestly is nothing less than intensely stressful (if you guys only knew to what degree we work to minimize the impact to you guys) and frankly a lot of very good people work long and I do mean long hours on all aspects of these things.

Having them all expire at once would be impossible to manage effectively, it's difficult enough already. Speaking from experience that could be nightmarish. Most go smoothly and without incident but all you need is one or two in the bunch to not play nice and it can get real ugly...quickly. You are right though there should be a better way and I think everyones hope is we will get to that point sooner than later.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

nelsonj3

join:2012-06-22
Lakeland, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

I don't even watch Fox News, but I agree that it is definitely another step towards TV Anywhere, and I applaud Fox and BHN for that. I can't believe people complain about getting an additional service at no additional cost. I know there are theories that everything adds to the cost eventually, but in reality, after all of the posts I've read on this site and elsewhere, it appears that where most of the cable bill increases come is from increases in costs from providers as discussed above. It is obvious that these costs would have to be passed to the consumer.

Of course, everyone complains to the cable company about the bill because that's who we pay every month, but do we always consider the other factors?

I have FIOS available at my house too, but I choose BHN for several reasons, the most important of which is cost. I would be paying at least $25-$30 more a month for comparable FIOS service, so I still believe BHN is reasonable. Would I love for everyone to lower prices? Of course! I would also like for gas to go back down to $1.50 a gallon, but that's not going to happen.

I'm just glad I have a choice. Some aren't so fortunate.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by nelsonj3:

I have FIOS available at my house too, but I choose BHN for several reasons, the most important of which is cost. I would be paying at least $25-$30 more a month for comparable FIOS service, so I still believe BHN is reasonable. Would I love for everyone to lower prices? Of course! I would also like for gas to go back down to $1.50 a gallon, but that's not going to happen.

I'm just glad I have a choice. Some aren't so fortunate.

Thank you Nelson. We're glad you made the BHN choice as well.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to bigdaddy

said by bigdaddy:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Not in this thread. This is Fox's moment to shine and besides mixing those stations in the same discussion thread is like mixing matter and anti-matter. Lets not end the universe as we know it until December 21st 2012

Your Right What was I thinking. I Just got caught up in the TV Everywhere Goodness. LOL

It was not my intention create a Political Fire Storm.

You didn't ..it was someone else....I don't think I quoted the wrong person but will check.
--

opp

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

Good news (pardon the pun) by far the most popular news channel.

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

Not a fan (by any stretch) of Fox News but happy to see this happening. CNN has had this with DirecTV for quite some time and it works great. The Watch ESPN app is also great as well.