uniqs

Kyawa
Premium Member
join:2006-01-26
Middletown, MD

Kyawa to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude

Re: Best Linksys wireless router suggestions for a big house?

Not to be a jerk, but I think you should sub this piece out. It doesn't sound like networking is your expertise? Please take no offense.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by Kyawa:

Not to be a jerk, but I think you should sub this piece out. It doesn't sound like networking is your expertise? Please take no offense.

Yeah, networking isn't my strong area (have basic understandings). I didn't know it would be this complex.

So there are no wireless routers that can extend farther than a Linksys WRT54GL then.

Kyawa
Premium Member
join:2006-01-26
Middletown, MD

Kyawa

Premium Member

You can try a "N" router. Just remember, they greater the distance, the lower the speed.

Why are they against running a cable for another access point? This pretty much guarantees success.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

1 edit

antdude

Premium Member

said by Kyawa:

You can try a "N" router. Just remember, they greater the distance, the lower the speed.

Why are they against running a cable for another access point? This pretty much guarantees success.

With N router, how much better/worse is the farther distance compared to a Linksys WRT54GL router?

Because the old people don't want to wire/cable more inside the house's walls and stuff. They really hate them.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

1 recommendation

lordpuffer

Premium Member

You can take a look at these for "N" routers:

»reviews.cnet.com/best-wi ··· routers/

However, you still may need another access point, whether wired or wireless to cover the whole house with the speed they need.