All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
BoulderHill1
join:2004-07-15
Montgomery, IL

BoulderHill1 to kawa001

to kawa001

Re: Netflix Poor Video Quality- what to troubleshoot next?

Okay, yes I see that now. Various devices.

I am not inclined to think it is a silverlight issue. Too many platforms with the same issue.

It would seem to be a connection issue to me.

I am a bit puzzled as I'm sure you are. It seems you have a good connection otherwise.

Can you try another different router? Not one supplied by verizon?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

I'd try those other DNS addresses long before trying to swap out the router (especially if you get TV via Verizon and not just internet).

kawa001
@verizon.net

kawa001 to BoulderHill1

Anon

to BoulderHill1
said by BoulderHill1:

Can you try another different router? Not one supplied by verizon?

I thought it might be the router so I was able to persuade Verizon to send me a newer one (same model but different firmware). I'm getting 20+ Mbps throughput elsewhere on the internet and HDX quality from Vudo. It's only Netflix. The only thing left to do that I can think of is to connect my laptop to a friend's network who also has FIOS in my neighborhood and see what kind of quality I'm getting.
BoulderHill1
join:2004-07-15
Montgomery, IL

BoulderHill1

It would be worth it to connect to another ISP and compare the results. Perhaps you have a friend that is on comcast or a DSL connection. or maybe a hotspot somewhere.

Maybe if the same hardware is used on another connection with a better result then you can could be certain that the problem is based on your connection.

If trying another ISP results in the same poor quality then it would have something to do with your devices and how you have them set up.