Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to FTBoomer

Premium Member

to FTBoomer

Re: [Internet] Best Routers for Bridged Networks

ATTENTION:
If your current firmware version is 1.1.2.2-006 or lower, it is absolutely necessary to save your
settings to a .CFG file using WebGUI BEFORE upgrading to a newer version. After the upgrade, restore your
settings from the saved .CFG file in a usual way.

Changes to firmware ver. 1.1.2.2-006:

- Increased available NVRAM space from 32 to 60 kb. To avoid losing of user settings it is necessary
to save them before the upgrade and restore them from the saved .CFG file after.
- Increased table data's input limit up to 64 items.
- Disabled NAPI (RX-polling) of wired network kernel driver (raeth) in 2xRGMII mode.
- Added UVC kernel modules (webcam support).
- Added discrimination between work-days and weekends in Wi-Fi AP and guest AP scheduler.
- Added ability to enter description of each Wi-Fi MAC address in Wireless MAC filter.
- Extended Firewall's MAC Address Filter function to a full-fledged Parental Control function. Each
MAC Address Filter entry may now be associated with particular time and day of the week.
- Updated tunnelbroker.net DDNS service link in "inadyn".
- Added 3 retry count limit for DDNS refresh (inadyn).
- AsusDDNS client was moved to "inadyn". Deprecated "ez-ipupdate" package was removed.
- Corrected some design shortcomings on DDNS web page when using AsusDDNS.
- Added ability to disable STP protocol in LAN bridge when the device is in "Router" mode.
- Added DNS3 field in DHCP server settings.
- Disabled forcing of router's LAN IP as DHCP's DNS if at least one DHCP's DNS address is entered manually.
- Added drop-down listing of clients with auto-substitution in MAC and IP addresses fields on the majority
of the web pages (NewGUI).
- Increased the limit of "Maximum simultaneously connected users" setting up to 50 (SMB/FTP).
- Added ability to hide partitions on a storage for FTP protocol. Create a file named .hidden in the root
directory of the partition to hide it.
- Corrected logic of table data entries removal. Now those entries will be properly removed from NVRAM.
- Fixed UNIX password (telnet/ssh access) issue for login or password that contain characters "$".
- Added an ability to control the LEDs on the front panel of the router.
- WPS button settings, Ethernet LED and Front LED settings were moved to a separate page named "Tweaks".
- Altered the default order of some pages in WebGUI.
- Added separate page "Advanced_Netfilter_Content.asp". Removed "NAT Passthrough" page.
- Added "show/hide password" buttons (NewGUI).
- Added icons for Storage/Printer/Modem (NewGUI). Thanks to the ixbt-forum user "AK47".
- Added button "Clear" to syslog floating panel.
- Ability to change LAN parameters without reboot.
- Updated Russian localized strings.
- Fixed issues in Transmission WebGUI (2.61+).
- Fixed "Wi-Fi scheduler time-zone changes won't take effect without reboot" issue.
- Updated dnsmasq to ver. 2.63.
ispalten
join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

ispalten

Page says it is 1.1.2.2-010, but it d/l's as 1.1.2.2-009.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by ispalten:

Page says it is 1.1.2.2-010, but it d/l's as 1.1.2.2-009.

Incorrect...it was 9 then they just update to 10 for some reason haven't checked yet and the file is showing 10. I just downloaded it.
ispalten
Clermont, FL

ispalten

I must have hit it right in the middle of a change? Only way I saw to get it was off the front page, it wasn't on the downloads page. The first page now brings down 1.1.2.2.010.

Is there a place to ask what some 'settings' are since there is no help? For instance, on the WAN page is "Hardware NAT (IPoE/PPPoE):". It defaults to "Enable Offload LAN", but there is also "Enable Offload LAN/WI-FI". Curious if this should be selected if one has wireless as well?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by ispalten:

I must have hit it right in the middle of a change? Only way I saw to get it was off the front page, it wasn't on the downloads page. The first page now brings down 1.1.2.2.010.

Is there a place to ask what some 'settings' are since there is no help? For instance, on the WAN page is "Hardware NAT (IPoE/PPPoE):". It defaults to "Enable Offload LAN", but there is also "Enable Offload LAN/WI-FI". Curious if this should be selected if one has wireless as well?

Can you do me a huge favor? Leave all that alone until you have a stable working environment and are comfortable with it....
ispalten
Clermont, FL

ispalten

I just took the file down, nothing else.

I had seen that particular setting when I was reviewing all settings on the .006 flash. There is no help for most of the items and was wondering about it?

There is a Russian discussion for the flash, but no English one?
ispalten

ispalten to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Any STATUS on this yet, .0010?

Last night I was transferring files between 2 wireless computers (40GB's of data at around 16Mbps) and during that time the iPad was 'useless' for almost anything that required internet access. .006 it appears could use a QOS capability.

I assume you've been too busy to make a call on .0010?