[BETA] VirtualBox 4.2.0 Release Candidate
VirtualBox 4.2.0 RC2 available - August 23rd, 2012
There is the second release candidate of the upcoming 4.2 release available.
Get a first impression of the new features!
VirtualBox 4.2 will be a new major release.
The following major new features were added:
• Improved Windows 8 support, in particular many 3D-related fixes
• GUI: VM groups (bug #288)
• GUI: expert mode for wizards
• GUI: allow to alter some settings during runtime
• Support for up to 36 network cards, in combination with an ICH9 chipset configuration (bug #8805)
• Resource control: added support for limiting network IO bandwidth; see the manual for more information
• Added possibility to start VMs during system boot on Linux, OS X and Solaris; see the manual for more information (bug #950)
• Added experimental support for Drag'n'drop from the host to Linux guests. Support for more guests and for guest-to-host is planned. (bug #81)
• Added support for parallel port passthrough on Windows hosts
• Enhanced API for controlling the guest; please see the SDK reference and the API documentation for more information
See the changelog for other fixes and additions:
Gladiator Security Forum: www.gladiator-antivirus.com/