spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Rikerq
join:2012-08-26
El Cajon, CA

Rikerq

[ADSL2] Motorola Netopia 2210 -02 ATT won't work (trying to brid

After subscribing to DSL Extreme, I've had a couple weeks of problems trying to get internet up and running. Dealing with many fingers being pointed between Extreme and ATT on addressing the problem. Finally, having internet run through the phone line and into the modem the DSL light is green. Trying to connect to the internet though is still a problem , and the internet light won't turn green.

After calling tech support there was no solution found, because there was no way of configuring the settings. After hanging up, I continued to try but with no success. Googling the modem I see many posts on how to bridge, but none of them seem to be helping. All point to the gateway being: 192.168.1.254 but mine is 192.168.7.254 . They also keep talking about Southbell or something like that.

I ended up pulling out my old 2wire modem/router and bridged that easily, but it bottlenecks the dl at .5m/s . I really want help to get this modem working. My router is Linksys E1000.

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac

MVM

Re: [ADSL2] Motorola Netopia 2210 -02 ATT won't work (trying to

The 2210-02-1att modem can only be used with uverse internet and it has no bridge mode option
xue_c
join:2012-08-23

xue_c to Rikerq

to Rikerq
at&t uses this adsl2/2+ modem for the 802.1x authentication mechanism only.

dslwooo
@sbc.com

dslwooo to Rikerq

Anon

to Rikerq
you hae the wrong modem for the service you are getting from dslextreme. you have an att uverse ipdsl modem. it will not on your service type. get a new modem from dslextreme or go purchase your own and configure for your service.