share rss forum feed

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to Mike2009

Re: Anyone using Unblock-us?

To each their own but if I'm paying for a service (Netflix etc) to use it 24/7 and relying on a tunnel to do so, I'd want to be sure at least it was at least reliably available most of the time with exception for unexpected outages or maintenance windows.

The problem I see is that unless they keep adding more bandwidth it may become unreliable because they need the capacity and servers at their end to transmit the stream to you, it's not simply DNS lookups alone that is provided to you.

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3

At some point it will likely become a paid service with more expectation of reliability.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·WIND Mobile
reply to mlerner

said by mlerner:

To each their own but if I'm paying for a service (Netflix etc) to use it 24/7 and relying on a tunnel to do so, I'd want to be sure at least it was at least reliably available most of the time with exception for unexpected outages or maintenance windows.

True, but even paid services are going to have some "flakiness" to them. I use Overplay still to this day, and it does crap out, for a couple of hours once every couple of weeks.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5

said by El Quintron:

said by mlerner:

True, but even paid services are going to have some "flakiness" to them. I use Overplay still to this day, and it does crap out, for a couple of hours once every couple of weeks.

Unblock US has been flawless for me for 6 months.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·WIND Mobile

said by mlerner:

Unblock US has been flawless for me for 6 months.

Good to know, in my case the issue seems to be intermittent with my Boxee Box+Overplay, should cross check with my PC and PS3 to confirm where the issue really is.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have