MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to flashcore

MVM

to flashcore

Re: [DVR] 7232 Slow, Unrepsonsive Until Warms Up or a Reboot

said by flashcore:

I am wondering if this has something to do with this »Verizon Router Multicasting To My Home Network If Verizon has moved a bunch of the STB data to a multicast stream

Makes sense, especially with Dave's hint it's being changed by VHO
said by nycdave :
No, once IMG Multicast is enabled in a VHO, all the STB's will use it, not just the DVR's.
Not in all VHOs yet is how I read that.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

I just called Verizon about this problem. The rep was well aware of the problem and immediately offered to send a replacement DVR.

I hesitated as we have about 30 hours of unwatched recordings and I am not at all sure the replacement DVR will fix the problem. It's intermittent but very annoying. Earlier posts in this thread mentioned a software fix starting late November. Is that still a possibility?
kennye
join:2009-02-05
Carrollton, TX

kennye

Most likely, a new DVR will not fix this issue. Verizon is planning a fix through the end of the year to resolve this.
billhere
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

Two phone reps assured me a replacement DVR would fix problem. As soon as I mentioned the slow channel changing, first rep offered to send a replacement unit. I declined until I could discuss this with my wife, who was more unhappy with the problem than I was. Ordered shipment Friday 3 pm; DVR arrived Saturday 10:30 am, complete with another Verizon remote including a user manual for the remote. Will watch a few recorded shows on original DVR, then replace unit to see what happens.

Interesting aspect is that the problem hasn't occurred again since I ordered the replacement. Go figure...

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

You only had it one day, it will happen again

HenryFarpolo
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

HenryFarpolo

Premium Member

said by matcarl:

I went a month without the problem. About a week ago it returned with a vengeance and has been happening daily since.
billhere
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to matcarl

to matcarl
No I haven't switched out the units yet. However the slow channel change happened again with the original DVR Sunday evening.

It will be later this week before I swap units. There are several recordings already on the DVR that we want to watch.
skohly
join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ

skohly to matcarl

to matcarl
said by matcarl:

It's happening a whole lot lately

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

Anyone know if there's any fix planned for the delay the local cable ads cause when using the skip button on recordings?
billhere
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

It's been five days since I switched DVR's. The replacement unit is working fine with no slow channel changes or loss of audio. I gave the unit a pretty good workout Saturday switching between various college football games.
Mtaz
join:2008-10-21
Hawthorne, NJ

Mtaz

Mine is doing the same thing. I thought it was just me until I found this thread...