spc
uniqs
kevnich24
join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL

kevnich24 to jferris33

to jferris33

Re: Cradlepoint MBR1000 with Pantech UML290

The UML290 should work fine with your cradlepoint as is. As another member pointed out, however, there are different form factors for the sim cards. The 4620 uses the 3ff smaller micro sim while the UML290 uses the 2ff standard sim card. My recommendation is to purchase an adapter off amazon and use that with the UML290 but if you don't, you won't be able to use the sim card with the UML290.

If you want to be mad at someone - blame apple. They demanded the 3ff with the iphone 4 so you were forced to get a different sim card. They claim it's to get more space in the phone but when you compare the cradle sizes of both, they didn't really save that much space but that's my .02

They're also the ones leading the way to an even smaller sim card format in the iphone 5

jferris33
Comcast Extreme TG862G Gateway
join:2003-04-09
Lusby, MD

jferris33

Kevnich24,

Thanks for the info on the sim card - I had no idea that there were different sizes. I will follow you advice and order an adapter from Amazon.

I'm glad to hear that the UML290 will work on the MBR1000 without the extra drivers - I wasn't sure based on the info on the Cradlepoint web site.

xrayman
join:2008-12-09
Kansas City

xrayman

If you have problems with the LTE modem and MBR1000 setup try using a good quality USB extension cable to place the LTE modem in a different location to receive a cleaner signal. After working for two weeks with a Cradlepoint tech that ended up fixing my problem.

jferris33
Comcast Extreme TG862G Gateway
join:2003-04-09
Lusby, MD

jferris33

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I get a good solid 3G signal from Verizon at my house but don't know yet what the 4G signal will be like.