how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

knowble

join:2012-07-30
Newport News, VA
reply to McBrain

Re: The end to not so great era is today!

+1000

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to McBrain

said by McBrain:

And don't argue the fact that you aren't serious about raiding. A simple forum search will prove that you are.

Don't tell me what to argue.

And If I was really serious about raiding then wow would win the Wow VS Gym war.

And I'd join a differant guild, seems I have a few friends that are in the #1 guild on my server and there's an open invite for me, but I'd have to let WoW win over the Gym and be home sooner.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

Taking something seriously doesn't necessarily mean you have to dedicate every waking hour to it. Trust me, there is plenty of time in the day to be serious about raiding and to accomplish whatever else it is that you would like to do. Dare I say, millions juggle real life and "hardcore" raiding...it is possible.

The point of this ridiculous argument is that the revamped talent trees absolutely do not prevent a player from choosing from several different builds that are reasonably competitive. However, there is, and always will be a 'good', 'better', and 'best' way to do things.

The 'good' will never equal the potential of the 'better' or 'best', and the players who realize and understand this will be getting realm/server/world first achievements. The players who don't...well, won't.
--
McBrain#1558 - Barbarian/Monk

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Blizz is making it more about the player then the class.

So the ones getting those firsts will be the ones that have a dedicated crew of good players. The "ideal" builds will be on sites but the ideal build might not be ideal for the person's play style or for the group's comp/style.

Ya bring the player not the class but it's moving toward making the class less important and losing some of what makes one class more interesting to play over another.

As for "taking something seriously" I've accepted that unless I alter the time I get home I won't be able to run with a truly serious group.

Though I might gquit because my current guild isn't planning to raid MoP riads for atleast a month and by then T14.5 might be about to be out.

And I'm fairly sure that the #1 guild won't be accepting pugs into their runs for some time after MoP hits while they get the server firsts.

quatra
Premium
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC
reply to Nick D

said by Nick D:

On a side note: goodbye Rend!

To all the bleeds I've looooved befoooooreee...

Hrm ... someone put together an inventory of abilities being removed in MoP. From the game entirely, I mean; Destro locks may not use Corruption anymore, but it'll be there.

Goodbye rend, goodbye throwndown, goodbye demoralizing shout. That's what I've noticed so far. I dig the stance changes - being able to go defensive stance in pvp for -15% dmg taken I almost feel like a DK! I haven't had a chance to really play yet though my very brief moment on the training dummy on illidan the worlds laggiest server (no it's not my computer) showed a big dps drop but I have no clue what i'm doing so hopefully that explains the loss of dps.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

If you were DPSing the Raid dummy then that's what you did wrong

Good luck hitting a lvl93 mob at 85.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to quatra

Do your rage gen abilities work in Def Stance? Prot's don't in non-def stance and you don't get rage from autoattacks in that stance for sure.

Demo Shout still exists as a minor CD for prot! (reduces damage from enemies hit by it by 20%, 1min CD)

And yeah, no more Throwdown, but hey. Fus ro dah, mang. Dragon Roar brings the hurt.

quatra
Premium
Matthews, NC

I'm not sure if MS will generate rage in defensive stance - I suspect not. But you should still generate rage from taking damage and the only reason to be in prot stance in pvp is if you're taking a lot of damage.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

You don't generate rage from taking damage in defensive stance. Only in Zerker stance. Prot gets 1 rage/3seconds in Def (Anger Management), but that's just to help a little, and being in Zerker means Shield Slam and Revenge don't give you any rage.

It's a brave new world.

quatra
Premium
Matthews, NC

Oh bummer - so defensive stance will be even worse than pre-5.0 for a DPS warrior in pvp oh well.

Oh and btw yes I was attacking the raid dummy no wonder my dps was so terrible.

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium
join:2001-04-25
Long Island
reply to quatra

said by quatra:

illidan the worlds laggiest server (no it's not my computer) ....

You're on Illidan? Which faction, I have 2 raiding alts there -horde side.
--
Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

said by Vinceruos_t:

If you guys cant see that the new talent trees are about 1 million times better then any previous talents going all the way back to vanilla then I feel sorry for you and your video game IQ is very low.

The new trees are VERY noob friendly, Yet I bet some Noob still manages to do it wrong.

Is there a "wrong" way? If there is, I'm sure Jodokast, Caelharrad will INTENTIONALLY do it wrong to make themselves feel like they're "sticking it to the man" when in fact they'd just be hurting their group. Oh well, I guess there are multiple ways to fill out a Form 1040 and 1099-R. but only the right way will net you a bigger return.
--
Good evening!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

I think the only wrong way is to not use the stuff you talent into.

IE pick up cold snap and then act like its not there on H-Ultra. and then only take 1 HoT.

Bahamut X
Premium
join:2000-12-09
Fort Worth, TX

Unless you kill him before needing the second ice block? :P

(Let us remember, the dubuff that will still kill you is still present, unless I just somehow missed that in the patch notes)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Ya there's a 2min debuff from HoT

You'd have to kill him before HoT4 then.

and its really just an example.