uniqs
share rss forum feed

cowwoc

join:2007-05-19
St John'S, NL
reply to kovy

Re: [DSL] Good News - DSL upgrades

said by kovy:

You should go in the bell direct forum here on DSLR... and ask what you qualify with and if he can do a neighbour check to see what speed they have. You could be on FTTN, but if there's no VDSL2 card then it's useless. In order to have more then 1mbps upload with Bell you need to have at least VDSL2 or FTTH.

Good advice. I asked on the Bell Direct forum as you mentioned and it turns out VDSL2 is not available in my area

I'm a bit surprised. There are million dollar homes in my area (not my own) and all construction is less than 7 years old. You'd figure they'd put out the latest technology...

Anyway, what do I do now? Just sit and wait a couple of years?

Thanks,
Gili

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

said by cowwoc:

I'm a bit surprised. There are million dollar homes in my area (not my own) and all construction is less than 7 years old. You'd figure they'd put out the latest technology...

It's hard to say without knowing why.. some of the most expensive homes in the US and UK do not have high speed connectivity because the neighborhood residence do not want the remotes in their neighborhood. I wouldn't be surprised if that was not the case for some Canadian neighborhoods too.