to TSI Marc

Re: Bring on BILL COSBY !

borrow it.

Montreal DSL
join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL

Montreal DSL to ekster

to ekster
Is our website doing a better job on showing the info?
(contact phone, service / speeds comparison, all other fees at the bottom of the page, not too many clicks to reach the info , etc.)

www.montreal-dsl.com

We are a Teksavvy reseller

I hope I do not open a can of worms here We need your feed-back as well on our new website ... even if it doesn't have the qualification tools Teksavvy website has.

Thanks!

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Montreal DSL:

....I hope I do not open a can of worms here....

There is a famous saying which I heard somewhere :

"If you ever open a can of worms, the only way to get them back into the can is to use a BIGGER can !"

Montreal DSL
join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL

Montreal DSL

like!

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Montreal DSL:

like!

Thanks.

But just as we need a new word to replace 'bandwidth' when talking about monthly usage on the Internet....

....We also need a new word for 'Like', because like now makes me think of FaceBORK, and when I do THAT, I feel ill.

FaceBORK ruined the word 'Like' !
turbohonda
join:2011-01-30

turbohonda to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

Re: New TekSavvy Website!

im finding the new website unbearable....it was much simpler and faster to click on DSL or Cable and have all the prices/speeds/packages clearly displayed on one page.

i guess it will take some time to get used to it but i will find myself looking and comparing less with the way it's setup now.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

thanks for the feedback turbohonda, I agree with you as well. It seems pretty unanimous on that front. We'll be looking to improve that in the weeks ahead.

Quake110
Premium Member
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON

Quake110

Premium Member

Marc, can you consider changing the number "0" from the font of "DSL 10"? It looks like "DSL 18".
ns1225
join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC

ns1225 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
I noticed in the Quebec cable section there there is a tab called "Approved Modems" containing modems that actually aren't approved by Videotron so eliminating that may be beneficial for customer service. There is already a "Modem" tab.

Crowbar10
join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Crowbar10 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
You list a $95.00 Start -Up fee for High Speed DSL12 , what DSL12 ?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Quake110

Premium Member

to Quake110
said by Quake110:

Marc, can you consider changing the number "0" from the font of "DSL 10"? It looks like "DSL 18".

yeah. for sure. I dont like that font either. feels like resolution of those little pics is low too.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to ns1225

Premium Member

to ns1225
said by ns1225:

I noticed in the Quebec cable section there there is a tab called "Approved Modems" containing modems that actually aren't approved by Videotron so eliminating that may be beneficial for customer service. There is already a "Modem" tab.

I'll double check on those approved modems. those are what Videotron says will work on their network. we list those in case you dont use our modem...

The modem tab.. those are the modems we actually sell.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to Crowbar10

Premium Member

to Crowbar10
said by Crowbar10:

You list a $95.00 Start -Up fee for High Speed DSL12 , what DSL12 ?

is that before the latest change with the new speeds. I'll double check that too tx!

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
I'm surprised given the widespread use of CapSavvy that a little more care wasn't taken to ensure this tool wasn't totally broken when the new site launched. I mean, it wouldn't have been that much of a stretch to have a quick look at the url and the regex the source uses to capture the stats (I just did, took 1 minute) and maintain that at the new site, or go back to the author ahead of time and say "this is what we're doing, you'll need to change this this and this please, here, have a Timmies".

It's not like the author of CapSavvy is an unreachable, unapproachable miserable programmer that hates doing free stuff.

It's not like someone at TekSavvy couldn't see this coming.

Fsck.

[/rant]

Mike

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

I'll look into that too. sorry about that.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

FWIW, the file "UsageInfo.cs" in the "CapSavvy" folder in the source zip contains the URL and POST details at lines 150 through 160, and the (fragile by nature) regex to capture the stats at lines 194 through 251.

I only mention it Marc because it would have been soooooo much easier to ensure this stayed working ahead of time than circling back and fixing it now.

Bit for bit it's one of the most useful tools around. Humbly, TekSavvy should be either maintaining it or making sure it's maintained (bribes, sexual favours, whatever).

Thanks for responding, appreciate it.

Mike

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

np. working on it now getting the details of what we'd need to get it back online.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by Quake110:

yeah. for sure. I dont like that font either. feels like resolution of those little pics is low too.

I raised the issue about this font being very confusing between zeros and eights way back on the earlier pages in a big list. Andre said that the issues were logged and I swear the image swatches for speed look like they use a different font now. The image swatches for Bandwidth are still needing the change because right now I believe my package shows that I have 388GB of bandwidth

DrZEUS
join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by Quake110:

A little too low? Uber low! Those images need a boost in resolution big time...looks so fuzzy and unprofessional.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

2 edits

Guspaz to TSI Marc

MVM

to TSI Marc
Andre called me today about CapSavvy. I'm aware of the problem, I was just on vacation from right after the new site launched until after labour day, and then we had that election last night...

I'll be releasing an updated version of CapSavvy tonight. For a bit of background, CapSavvy originally relied on the usage checker on pppoe.ca, since it was less volatile (the design doesn't change as much). However, that checker went down for a while, so I switched it to use the TSI website instead. The new design caused some problems.

What I'm going to do is update the current unreleased beta of CapSavvy v4.0 so that it works again, and release the beta as it stands today. v4.0 is a substantial rewrite/refactor designed to be more modular; individual usage checkers can be added as independent (but compiled-in) modules with a common CapSavvy API, and the correct module is auto-detected by the format of the user credentials entered. I did all this work quite some time ago, but stalled one one of the modules due to being unable to get the information from an ISP, so v4 basically sat more or less finished but unreleased.

This version currently has modules for TekSavvy DSL, Videotron TPIA (including TekSavvy quebec cable and any other ISP that uses Videotron TPIA), and to prove that it's properly modular, Electronic Box DSL.

EDIT: I have no idea how many people use CapSavvy, so I'm usually pleasantly surprised to see it's still popular enough that people complain when it breaks :P

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Thanks Guspaz.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to DrZEUS

Premium Member

to DrZEUS
said by DrZEUS:

said by TSI Marc:

said by Quake110:

A little too low? Uber low! Those images need a boost in resolution big time...looks so fuzzy and unprofessional.

In fact, it's a font. If you try to highlight the text, you'll see that it's just a square orange rectangle with letters on top.. So it's the font that's the issue. Looked into that earlier today. Looking to improve it soon.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

BTW, I had removed all TekSavvy logos (the icons) from CapSavvy v4.0 since it added support for other ISPs, and I didn't want to get in trouble for putting TSI's trademarked logo on an app that checked bandwidth usage for multiple ISPs. I'll let Marc review the situation and make a decision on that. I can put it back in if he wants, or leave the new icons in place.
Expand your moderator at work

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz

have the icon change based on which ISP is being tested.

audiokaos
@wind.ca

audiokaos to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
Nice new site, but please bring back the known outages page!
Expand your moderator at work

western
@teksavvy.com

western to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc

For teksavvy in BC I thought the speed change price was free?

DrZEUS
join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON

DrZEUS to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

In fact, it's a font. If you try to highlight the text, you'll see that it's just a square orange rectangle with letters on top.. So it's the font that's the issue. Looked into that earlier today. Looking to improve it soon.

Didnt notice that...still needs work.

How about the same low res in the "1 Movie = 700 MB" type images? Those need work too.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to audiokaos

Premium Member

to audiokaos
said by audiokaos :

Nice new site, but please bring back the known outages page!

Tx!

The outages are under support/tools see bottom right corner of page: »www.teksavvy.com/en/supp ··· ls/tools