Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to DrZEUS
said by DrZEUS:

said by TSI Marc:

said by Quake110:

Marc, can you consider changing the number "0" from the font of "DSL 10"? It looks like "DSL 18".

yeah. for sure. I dont like that font either. feels like resolution of those little pics is low too.

A little too low? Uber low! Those images need a boost in resolution big time...looks so fuzzy and unprofessional.

In fact, it's a font. If you try to highlight the text, you'll see that it's just a square orange rectangle with letters on top.. So it's the font that's the issue. Looked into that earlier today. Looking to improve it soon.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to Guspaz
BTW, I had removed all TekSavvy logos (the icons) from CapSavvy v4.0 since it added support for other ISPs, and I didn't want to get in trouble for putting TSI's trademarked logo on an app that checked bandwidth usage for multiple ISPs. I'll let Marc review the situation and make a decision on that. I can put it back in if he wants, or leave the new icons in place.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org
Expand your moderator at work

rodjames
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Gloucester, ON
reply to Guspaz

Re: New TekSavvy Website!

have the icon change based on which ISP is being tested.

audiokaos

@wind.ca
reply to TSI Marc
Nice new site, but please bring back the known outages page!

western

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc

For teksavvy in BC I thought the speed change price was free?

DrZEUS

join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

In fact, it's a font. If you try to highlight the text, you'll see that it's just a square orange rectangle with letters on top.. So it's the font that's the issue. Looked into that earlier today. Looking to improve it soon.

Didnt notice that...still needs work.

How about the same low res in the "1 Movie = 700 MB" type images? Those need work too.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to audiokaos
said by audiokaos :

Nice new site, but please bring back the known outages page!

Tx!

The outages are under support/tools see bottom right corner of page: »www.teksavvy.com/en/support/tools/tools
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Quake110
Premium
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON
reply to TSI Marc
I have a feeling the new website uses the WordPress engine. I know you mentioned the site uses a cache system but it's still not responsive enough.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Marc stated in an earlier post that they are using the Orchard CMS »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orchard_Project

Quake110
Premium
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON
Of course, I should've suspected as much since TekSavvy uses Windows servers...

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to TSI Marc
old site was easier on eyes
sign your joining otther isps is that youu are going to lighter colours....
not good...
and i dont accept popups and why do you need know what language and what province i am from?
getting a tad on the nosy end for a isp site

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
said by funny0:

why do you need know what language and what province i am from?
getting a tad on the nosy end for a isp site

How else will they be able to communicate to you in a language you know and show you what they can offer you in your province as it's different everywhere?

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
said by ekster:

How else will they be able to communicate to you in a language you know and show you what they can offer you in your province as it's different everywhere?

Exactly. I think it's fairly clear they should have a quick postal code screen rather than full address check, and the TSI reps here have certainly heard that feedback. But they do need to know where a customer lives to have an idea of what service is available.

epsilon3

join:2008-03-29
canada
reply to funny0
said by funny0:

why do you need know what language and what province i am from?

Are you for real? THINK before you write or talk!!! You are not "funny" at all ...not to say more ...

ftabbbb

join:2007-10-11
Toronto, ON

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc
Where is cable internet online order screen? it keeps bring me back to check availablitiy screen.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to TSI Marc
Marc, I think you guys forgot to add the off-peak hours and info for DSL.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
said by ekster:

Marc, I think you guys forgot to add the off-peak hours and info for DSL.

ok I'll look into that. tx
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Oinktastic
Let them use fibre

join:2005-08-24
Scarborough
Reviews:
·localphone.com
On the Cogeco 7 plan for Ontario, the wording is backwards. It says "Up to Down 7 Mbps / 800 Kbps Up" instead of "Up to 7Mbps Down / 800 Kbps Up". Check the link below for what I'm talking about.

»teksavvy.com/en/residential/inte···y-lite-7

Also, the downloading time estimates for many of the packages seem too high. For example the 5MB song for the 7Mbit page linked above says 8 seconds... It should actually be 5.7 seconds, but "6 seconds" should be ok as it's the closest round number to 5.7.

I was wondering if someone added in some non-existent overhead when they calculated those numbers for cable, but I noticed a lot of the DSL numbers are high too.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
ok thanks for catching that.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

arahman56

join:2011-08-11
Etobicoke, ON

1 edit
reply to piotrick
That might work, but is it really useful? Yeah, Rogers has them, but even they are inconsistent- the Ultimate plan shows how fast you can get a 5MB music, but the how many count uses 4MBs as the size. Do you really think a V0/320kbps music would be 4MBs? And that's before taking FLAC into consideration. Also, Rogers uses a ~2GB 720p movie for the count. And the Youtube count assumes ~90kBps for a HD video bit rate (or to put it this way, 3hours per 1GB video). In reality, watching 760 hours of HD (720p) YT videos is going to end you up with huge overage fees (~500GBs over the limit). ~240hours is a better estimate.

TL;DR: Rogers inflates the amount you can download.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to Oinktastic
said by Oinktastic:

On the Cogeco 7 plan for Ontario, the wording is backwards. It says "Up to Down 7 Mbps / 800 Kbps Up" instead of "Up to 7Mbps Down / 800 Kbps Up". Check the link below for what I'm talking about.

»teksavvy.com/en/residential/inte···y-lite-7

Also, the downloading time estimates for many of the packages seem too high. For example the 5MB song for the 7Mbit page linked above says 8 seconds... It should actually be 5.7 seconds, but "6 seconds" should be ok as it's the closest round number to 5.7.

I was wondering if someone added in some non-existent overhead when they calculated those numbers for cable, but I noticed a lot of the DSL numbers are high too.

I have logged these

Good catch indeed!
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TSI Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
@AndreCleroux - Follow me on Twitter

Hipster

@utoronto.ca
reply to TSI Marc
Is it just me, or does the new website give anyone else a retro/ Hipster vibe? lol

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
reply to TSI Marc

I see the the TSI phone numbers are on the main page now within the one of the panels along the bottom. Good to see incremental changes!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
should have more updates on friday again.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

thor

@rogers.com
2nd try
I click on 'get more details' and I don't see any. Where are your details, prices and rest?
--
Owner CEO

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON
said by thor :

2nd try
I click on 'get more details' and I don't see any. Where are your details, prices and rest?

Works for me , i click get more details and see prices etc. ......