Quake110
Premium Member
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON

Quake110 to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc

Re: New TekSavvy Website!

I have a feeling the new website uses the WordPress engine. I know you mentioned the site uses a cache system but it's still not responsive enough.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020

Premium Member

Marc stated in an earlier post that they are using the Orchard CMS »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Or ··· _Project

Quake110
Premium Member
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON

Quake110

Premium Member

Of course, I should've suspected as much since TekSavvy uses Windows servers...
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
old site was easier on eyes
sign your joining otther isps is that youu are going to lighter colours....
not good...
and i dont accept popups and why do you need know what language and what province i am from?
getting a tad on the nosy end for a isp site

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

said by funny0:

why do you need know what language and what province i am from?
getting a tad on the nosy end for a isp site

How else will they be able to communicate to you in a language you know and show you what they can offer you in your province as it's different everywhere?
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

said by ekster:

How else will they be able to communicate to you in a language you know and show you what they can offer you in your province as it's different everywhere?

Exactly. I think it's fairly clear they should have a quick postal code screen rather than full address check, and the TSI reps here have certainly heard that feedback. But they do need to know where a customer lives to have an idea of what service is available.
epsilon3
join:2008-03-29
canada

epsilon3 to funny0

to funny0
said by funny0:

why do you need know what language and what province i am from?

Are you for real? THINK before you write or talk!!! You are not "funny" at all ...not to say more ...
ftabbbb
join:2007-10-11
Toronto, ON

1 edit

ftabbbb to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Where is cable internet online order screen? it keeps bring me back to check availablitiy screen.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Marc, I think you guys forgot to add the off-peak hours and info for DSL.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by ekster:

Marc, I think you guys forgot to add the off-peak hours and info for DSL.

ok I'll look into that. tx

Oinktastic
Let them use fibre
join:2005-08-24
Scarborough

Oinktastic

On the Cogeco 7 plan for Ontario, the wording is backwards. It says "Up to Down 7 Mbps / 800 Kbps Up" instead of "Up to 7Mbps Down / 800 Kbps Up". Check the link below for what I'm talking about.

»teksavvy.com/en/resident ··· y-lite-7

Also, the downloading time estimates for many of the packages seem too high. For example the 5MB song for the 7Mbit page linked above says 8 seconds... It should actually be 5.7 seconds, but "6 seconds" should be ok as it's the closest round number to 5.7.

I was wondering if someone added in some non-existent overhead when they calculated those numbers for cable, but I noticed a lot of the DSL numbers are high too.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

ok thanks for catching that.
arahman56
join:2011-08-11
Etobicoke, ON

1 edit

arahman56 to piotrick

to piotrick
That might work, but is it really useful? Yeah, Rogers has them, but even they are inconsistent- the Ultimate plan shows how fast you can get a 5MB music, but the how many count uses 4MBs as the size. Do you really think a V0/320kbps music would be 4MBs? And that's before taking FLAC into consideration. Also, Rogers uses a ~2GB 720p movie for the count. And the Youtube count assumes ~90kBps for a HD video bit rate (or to put it this way, 3hours per 1GB video). In reality, watching 760 hours of HD (720p) YT videos is going to end you up with huge overage fees (~500GBs over the limit). ~240hours is a better estimate.

TL;DR: Rogers inflates the amount you can download.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to Oinktastic

Premium Member

to Oinktastic
said by Oinktastic:

On the Cogeco 7 plan for Ontario, the wording is backwards. It says "Up to Down 7 Mbps / 800 Kbps Up" instead of "Up to 7Mbps Down / 800 Kbps Up". Check the link below for what I'm talking about.

»teksavvy.com/en/resident ··· y-lite-7

Also, the downloading time estimates for many of the packages seem too high. For example the 5MB song for the 7Mbit page linked above says 8 seconds... It should actually be 5.7 seconds, but "6 seconds" should be ok as it's the closest round number to 5.7.

I was wondering if someone added in some non-existent overhead when they calculated those numbers for cable, but I noticed a lot of the DSL numbers are high too.

I have logged these

Good catch indeed!

Hipster
@utoronto.ca

Hipster to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
Is it just me, or does the new website give anyone else a retro/ Hipster vibe? lol
Expand your moderator at work

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc

I see the the TSI phone numbers are on the main page now within the one of the panels along the bottom. Good to see incremental changes!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

should have more updates on friday again.

thor
@rogers.com

thor

Anon

2nd try
I click on 'get more details' and I don't see any. Where are your details, prices and rest?
--
Owner CEO

Crowbar10
join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Crowbar10

said by thor :

2nd try
I click on 'get more details' and I don't see any. Where are your details, prices and rest?

Works for me , i click get more details and see prices etc. ......

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

should have more updates on friday again.

Traffic & Cop ?
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510 to creed3020

to creed3020

Click for full size
Ontario (RBT)
Click for full size
Quebec (VBT)
... Because I felt like it. Now it's up to someone with artistic talent to make a better one.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere to grunze510

Premium Member

to grunze510

said by grunze510:

... Because I felt like it. Now it's up to someone with artistic talent to make a better one.

Good One ! - We don't want this idea to die on the drawing board.

Some tweaks though :

Express lane needs to be on the LEFT, and have TSI's name on it.

The word TRAFFIC needs to be prominently displayed somewhere.

The Blue should be closer to the shade which Bell uses.

Will Timmies care if images/names of their products are used ?

And could we get in a dig somehow about UBB ?

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to grunze510

MVM

to grunze510
said by grunze510:

I don't get it. What is the difference between the two?

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Guspaz:

I don't get it. What is the difference between the two?

Different incumbent Cable provider in each province.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to TSI Marc

MVM

to TSI Marc
Ah, the colours were sufficiently off that I didn't make the connection, and I wasn't sure what the difference in the circles (which I guess are supposed to be toonies?) was about (TSI Quebec cable is cheaper than Ontario cable?)
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510

said by Guspaz:

Ah, the colours were sufficiently off that I didn't make the connection, and I wasn't sure what the difference in the circles (which I guess are supposed to be toonies?) was about (TSI Quebec cable is cheaper than Ontario cable?)

Yeah, I guess I could have picked better colours, but whatever. The circles are supposed to be toonies. The red, blue, and yellow colours don't refer to TekSavvy, but Robelltron. TekSavvy is the grey one. So Rogers and Bell charge about $2/GB (crap, I forgot the GB on the sign), whereas Videotron charges about $4/GB. TekSavvy on the other hand, has an unlimited usage option.

This is where the idea started »Re: New TekSavvy Website! .

As you can tell, I originally suggested having 7 lanes. At this point, I think it's obvious how that would turn out.