Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

3 recommendations

reply to EGeezer

Re: Tsk tsk!

said by EGeezer:

I remember catching holy hell from a library director when I told her we needed to change the administrative logins to desktops and servers to unique strong passwords. At the time, all the systems had the same admin password - the last four digits of the library's main phone number.

Every kid who frequented the library knew it, but that didn't make any difference to management. Their excuse "It will create confusion among the staff."

Yes, the staff, who were barely computer literate, had to have admin passwords according to the director.

What idiots!

Stuff like that happens to all of us as we get older..lately I have been letting the day care shift handle phone calls for computer problems.. Password info usually cost a glass of chocolate milk or the user can agree to eat the brussel sprouts for a month.
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1

1 recommendation

sadly even that picture does not cover tech support. When I worked for Comcast I had to go even more simple for more customers than I think I should have had to in the 21st century.

I had to go as simple as "Double click on the big blue E"

or on Mac it was "Click on the Stopwatch" because if I said compass they didnt know, but Stopwatch got them to Safari every time.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to Name Game

Send the to their room for pulling their sister's hair, and they won't help you clear the internet history before the wife comes home.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

2 recommendations

reply to Name Game

Reminds me of the "fun" I used to have with my dad back in the Windows 3.1 days. Oh the joy...
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
reply to BlitzenZeus

Click for full size
said by BlitzenZeus:

Send the to their room for pulling their sister's hair, and they won't help you clear the internet history before the wife comes home.

We do give them a break if they hold up the right amount of fingers..this is not a workhouse. Even the good Captain knew when to go study the passwords...you just never saw it in the final cut.