share rss forum feed

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to elitefx

Re: Rogers NEW Ultimate 150/10 With Hitron

Nothing mentioned about that funny plug there...

But at least it's still only 8x4 channel bonding capable, meaning those with 8x4 cisco modems (and other modems on 3rd party providers) arent gonna be left out anytime soon.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

1 recommendation

said by HiVolt:

.....meaning those with 8x4 cisco modems (and other modems on 3rd party providers) arent gonna be left out anytime soon.

Yea, Cisco clearly states on it's Retail boxes that the DPC3XXX series is futureproof and IPv6 ready.............

PassingBy

@ica.net
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Looks like a USB charging cube that the OP just sat on that lip. I have a white one from Rayovac that sells at Walmart. You can use it to plug any device with a USB cable into the wall for charging so I doubt it has any relation to this modem at all. I actually plug one into the switched outlet at the back of my Rogers PVR, plug a USB powered fan into it and aim it at an attached external hard drive enclosure to keep it running cooler.

FastEddie
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-13
join:2000-12-29
Channel Z
kudos:6

I lightened the picture up for you guys.

--
Here's To You

PassingBy

@ica.net
reply to PassingBy
said by HiVolt:

I get it now ... that cube plug was just something placed there to hide what looks like a S/N tag behind it.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by PassingBy :

said by HiVolt:

I get it now ... that cube plug was just something placed there to hide what looks like a S/N tag behind it.

Hah! It looks like you may be right.. I hadn't noticed the flat part that its resting on.

Threw us for a nice curveball, and geeky possibilities of what it may be for, lol...

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
reply to PassingBy
I take my hat off to the OP. Actually that's very clever. That cube has garnered more attention than the Gateway itself. Doesn't take a lot to distract us.....

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
Damm...now I just have to laugh at myself.

We definitely took that one for a run. The absence of anything in the manual should have been our first clue.